Active Topics

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Bare in mind that tablet is actually running windows 7... :P

It just has a program that looks like what they hope the tablet UX will be line running in full screen..

I'm curious as to see if it will retain the gloss and finish when they port it to Meego, and if they do, then how they will then tie the Netbook experience back into that higher quality UX on the tablet, because I imagine they would want some basic coherence through the reference designs...

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
UI looked very lackluster.
The photo interaction, the rather horrible 'panels' to sort your apps/information, etc all looked like something I would get tired of very quickly. I was hoping for more.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think MeeGO should support 3D, Use cameras as the 3D focal point. Just like the Nintendo 3D DS. This would kill Iphone and Ipad.

digitimes reckon nokia are planning a 7-9 inch arm based meego tablet:

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20100621VL205.html

Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post

hopefully with the n9 and now meego tablet it'll mean more support from 3rd party developers.

wonder how much it'll cost me for both the nokia tablet and n9.

Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post

Eldar Murtazin also said that there is tablet in a works from Nokia.

Definitely needs to be running MeeGo to get me interested(rather than Windows).

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
This pad and the UX would fit with logitech's squeezebox stuff as home entertainment system, having meego at your desktop as proper system a media one for the TV+data/mediaserver, small user controller setup for handhelds, a larger for pads and everything syncronized. Your current playlist is automaticaly uploaded from your phone/handheld/netbook if they are available, so is your shoppinglist you just entered at the pad mounted to your fridge uploaded to your phone/handheld or send via mail to partner/wife/husband. You come home and tab the pad at the fridge that is aware of you being the one just in range already, you tab play and have the music played back you just paused by parking your car. You call off your kids from the 52" TV and they go upstairs after they paused their fav. series and send the stream link to their handheld/TV to fill the buffers on their way up and attach it to their own TV.
Like logitech's squeezebox but for more than just music.
If that is the deal I would buy a meego pad, for everything else but mounting it up in the kitchen I do not have any use yet.

Sending my music around in house I do already by assigning my output to a server... exporting playlist to my handheld (video and audio) I do already... well my shopping list... I don't write them that often but I read them on my handheld!

i wonder if nokia will go the way apple did and make the n9 and tablet almost identical hardware wise? and wifi only for me, don't need 3g as i could always gon online via the bluetooth on the tablet.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France

The Following User Says Thank You to dtergens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
the rather horrible 'panels' to sort your apps/information
Huh? I thought that was pretty cool idea. I'd like that on my N900, instead of the "desktops". It might suck though, if it's badly implemented.

Another note for me was, that the widescreen form factor actually looks much nicer than 4:3.