Active Topics

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
What are you talking about ? I'm connected both Wi-Fi and 3G in school...no problems
Simultaneously? The only way I can even begin to imagine this would work is if you established one or both of the connections manually, outside of ICd's control, and manually set up the appropriate routing, etc.

It's easy enough to just be at wi-fi and 3G at the same time.. as long as 3G is interpreted as 'connected to the phone network over 3G'.. most of us are in that mode all the time. It's a different story to be on _internet_ over 3G as well, and I suspect Jack6428 meant the former. The OP asked about the latter.

i think it will be implimented in the future since all other n series phones allow it and it makes sense to have it. fingers crossed

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
umm... what kind of link is that? were you registering a domain or something?
Hmm, yes I was, and copied the wrong link.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
I think there is a misunderstanding.
You can be connected with both connections.
As phone also works over 3G.
So i Can call and still surf on the Internet the same time. So the Question is What exactly you wanna do?

BR wolfpac

What is not working is using browser with 2 different connections the same time for example. but this is also not possible with any symbian phone i know

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by wolfpac72 View Post
I think there is a misunderstanding.
You can be connected with both connections.
As phone also works over 3G.
So i Can call and still surf on the Internet the same time. So the Question is What exactly you wanna do?

BR wolfpac

What is not working is using browser with 2 different connections the same time for example. but this is also not possible with any symbian phone i know
You're right it's a misunderstanding on the terms. What they really mean is having the interface gprs et wlan active at the same time. And that's a good question

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
i am trying to connect to wifi manually while on 3G. how do you do it? i see no wpa_supplicant in path.

i want to connect to wpa network and wep is NOT an option.

Tags
simutaneous 3g and wi-fi