Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
could you add 'world.waze.com' as the source of the map?
i've got more detail map of my country using http://world.waze.com/livemap, rather than http://www.waze.com/livemap

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by coredumb View Post
could you add 'world.waze.com' as the source of the map?
i've got more detail map of my country using http://world.waze.com/livemap, rather than http://www.waze.com/livemap
It is the same server. The true difference is that the waze site runs a query that returns the current country by the IP address. I will add this query for v0.0.9 (currently working on v0.0.8.5).

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
It is the same server. The true difference is that the waze site runs a query that returns the current country by the IP address. I will add this query for v0.0.9 (currently working on v0.0.8.5).
are you sure this is the same server?
because when i try waze on symbian-based phone, in option it has map of 3 countries: Israel, US+Canada(?), and Other.
this make me assume that Israel using 'www.waze.co.il', US+Canada using 'www.waze.com', and Other using 'world.waze.com'.

Originally Posted by coredumb View Post
are you sure this is the same server?
because when i try waze on symbian-based phone, in option it has map of 3 countries: Israel, US+Canada(?), and Other.
this make me assume that Israel using 'www.waze.co.il', US+Canada using 'www.waze.com', and Other using 'world.waze.com'.
Thanks, I have checked both sites and you are correct.
The get country by IP is mostly for the presentation of information.
I will split "World" into "US&Canada" and "Other" in v0.0.8.5 since it is a small change.

I don't have a Symbian phone for reference so it is good that you noticed that.

update: change committed

Last edited by damagedspline; 2011-09-10 at 20:33.

Originally Posted by ioan View Post
If I try to run the application while connected to the internet with IPv6, the application terminates after a second with the following error message:
Code:
Unsupported DBUS type: 0
Segmentation Fault
Have you retried with a CSSU from the past week? They contain QT 4.7.4 which might resolve the issue.

Update:
Currently verified remaining issue list to be solved for v0.0.8.5:
Must to have:
1) If there is only one straight instruction ahead and closer than 300m, the following turn should be shown as next
2) The road section between the roundabout entry and the exit shows confusing instructions
3) After the World/US split, map require zoom out/in to show

Nice to have:
1) optional full screen for both Maemo & Meego
2) screen stay lit for Maemo

I will leave the UI issues for v0.1 and above - as I currently focus my coding for navigation functionality.

Last edited by damagedspline; 2011-09-11 at 21:14. Reason: remaining stuff for v0.0.8.5

v0.0.8.5 is out, see first post for more information

In addition to this project, I have started modifying the original waze code to be more Qt friendly. As of this post date, I have something that compiles and executes on the N950 (I will also add support for N900 once stable).
It is far from being stable and I still need to add the QtMobility bindings - it looks promising.

I have created a google code project/ for the Waze-Qt and will upload the code tonight.

The current status is as follows:
1) Require a manual step to copy the Waze media to ~/MyDocs/.waze (I used the ones from the Android APK file with slight modifications)
2) Waze starts, tries to locate the current country automatically and if fail show a country selection dialog
3) Map & buttons are not shown -> yet