Notices

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
hey, if you didn't figure it out, the bq2700 error was caused by something i added to the new versions of conky. if that error comes up, you are missing the required module to read the battery info from sysfs. conky reads it from dbus instead in this case, but due to some weird nokia bug the charge level is not updated when the phone is charging. It's suggested to install the missing module...
Thanks Creamy Goodness,
I have no idea about this and have not seen such kind of error so far.
As far as I know the charge level is anyway not displayed while charging? I'm only able to read the Voltage Level during charging. So I don't show any kind of level while plugged in. I thought this is the right way...

But suggestions are welcome!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Yeah I don't even know how it works, probably running the power kernel gets the sysfs entries working to report the correct charge levels while charging. Then loading the bq27x00_battery module after that gets the temperature to work also. I could be wrong though. Let me check my conky code changes, I documented this **** somewhere I hope.

Code:
/*on n900 with power kernel: (non power kernel could use "hal-device bme" and do something else)
/sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/uevent
PHYSDEVPATH=/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0055
PHYSDEVBUS=i2c
PHYSDEVDRIVER=bq27200-battery
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=bq27200-0
POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE=Battery
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1				<< this is always 1, it means the battery is inserted
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=4039		<< this keeps updating during charging, both here and in dbus
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=1960       << this goes negative when charging!
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY=98			<< supposed to be the %, it keeps updating while charging, unlike the dbus vals that freeze
POWER_SUPPLY_TEMP=39				<< only temperature sensor in n900 :(
*/
Yeah I dunno, I promise Conky works fine to update the % and mAh if you're running power kernel. I have no idea why, though.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-04-29 at 18:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Thanks, Creamy Goodness. I'm sorry for my late reply. I had a very bussy week following other projects... (like work, family and something else )

I guess I got now the point. But, despite of the temperature, I want to get Conky Layout Switcher working and running on every N900. Power Kernel installed or not. If that would only work with Power Kernel installed this would be very sad. So I guess it is not the best idea to integrate it by default in my little application.

I have already thought about disable the Temperature prompt by default and to make it configurable in the future... But complex is not as good as it seems on a device with limited resources. (I'm still trying to learn this fact )

OK guys, can somebody tell me what's wrong here?
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
OK guys, can somebody tell me what's wrong here?
The screenshot is very small. So it's hard to read. I'm unable to decipher the conky update interval. Perhaps you could go to the settings and move the slider to the maximum.

But as far as I see Conky uses anyway only 5% CPU usage. But "hildon-status-m" is very high. That's not normal. Does a reebot fix this?

And the 3rd highest process is something with tube at the ending. This is also very resource hungry. And from your WiFi connection and your Download speed I guess you currently downloading something. Sadly this always slows the N900 down a lot. I have this problem at gpodder, too. As far as I know there is no working solution except waiting until the download has finished.

I hope I was able to help.

OK thanks, first image is with power supply connected and new one is it without.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/screenshot01u.png/

Look carefully, really something's wrong here but I don't know what and why. Phone are not clocked.

Last edited by Dante son of Sparda; 2011-05-07 at 22:02.

Look carefully, really something's wrong here but I don't know what and why. Phone are not clocked.
Ah, now I see. You're running conky in the fastest setting. This will use a lot of your power. Run it only in this setting if you want to track fast stuff (internet connections at example)

Please go to the settings screen fron Conky Layout Switcher, move the interval slider to the right and press save. At the next startup Conky will run slower and not as recource hungry as currently.

Last edited by helex; 2011-05-07 at 22:47.

You don't understand, Conky is not a problem. See Battery Voltage and Temperature, it's so high and CPU also, all the time on max speed (600MHz).

Last edited by Dante son of Sparda; 2011-05-07 at 23:08.

You don't understand, Conky is not a problem. See Battery Voltage and Temperature, it's so high and CPU also, all the time on max speed (600MHz).
The high CPU usage is caused by the fast update interval.

But you're right. The Voltage is not correct. The temperaure also not.
What language settings are you using? I guess there is a problem with the decimal separator. But I have currently no Idea how to test this myself. It's working here fine.

It worked fine on old Conky but when I updated to Layout Switcher thet the problems are came. Also I checked old Conky the same problem again.

I forgot that I have updated kernel power to 47 also. On 46 everything worked normal, and with new version my N900 restarts very often. I don't know why because device are not overclocked, I using it only when I need it.
Somebody know solution?