Notices

Originally Posted by jehan View Post
hi! since version 0.4-1 the fmrdsnotify widget refuses to start after addition to the desktop. even after a reboot the widget doesn't start automatically althogh i can start it from the shell.
@MohammadAG
just for info:
i noticed a similar problem with the feedingit widget where a 'minor' upgrade mades the widget disappear and downgrading to the previous version cures the problem - maybe this is in some way related to the disappeared fmrdsnotify widget. please also see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=423

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
for me to it break with verion 0.4.1

Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
for me to it break with verion 0.4.1
same here
Where can we get 0.4?

Hi

As i m the maintenaer of this widget, i ve added SMS fonctionnality. And it seem i brake MohammadAG change for 0.4 to see fm rds notify as widget.

@MohammadAG Can you send me back a diff of you change to control file , desktop file ?

Looks like i miss some

Fabrice

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
You missed qt4-homescreen-loader as a dependency.
Also, please take out hildon-application-manager from the dep list, the app doesn't really depend on it and some of us have it purged

Ok thanks i solve this once i go back to home this evening.

I also plan to change the MP3 tags string cut into word cut not length.. so reading should be better on Car system.

And also adding the RDS_text feature for guys who are lucky with the radio car system

Fabrice

BabelO: thank you very much for this tool. But IMHO a desktop widget is not the best choice for such an application. wouln't it be much better if ths would be just autostarted somehow else and the preferences done as a systemsettings plugin? In my opinon the applet wastes just a lot of space on the desktop while all functionality could be done in the background.

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
A Desktop widget is handy, but i would see 1 tool for FMboost,FMtransmitter and FM RDS notify, so with 1 tool you can set de fm frequency, set the boost signal to 118 (maby higher?) and switch the transmitter on and off. In setting something to set if you want to boost or not, wich frequency, and dislay setting for rds.

Can someone make this???

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
A Desktop widget is handy, but i would see 1 tool for FMboost,FMtransmitter and FM RDS notify, so with 1 tool you can set de fm frequency, set the boost signal to 118 (maby higher?) and switch the transmitter on and off. In setting something to set if you want to boost or not, wich frequency, and dislay setting for rds.

Can someone make this???
check out the [request] fm transmitter superwidget thread, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60098
or its in active topics just now! ------>

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Last edited by festivalnut; 2010-08-17 at 10:40. Reason: add link

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
the current fmrds notify won't start from add widget, but rather than downgrade if you type
fmrdsnotify &
in xterm it'll load up where you left it.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Last edited by festivalnut; 2010-08-17 at 10:55.