Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
If i do it, I'll probably go with an autodownloading image file, instead of installing first to internal, then moving to external. Then again, i probably won't do it

i have maemo Extras and Testing Maemo Extras installed in application manager but I can't see, libglibmm, libidn11, libsdl-gfx1.2-4, libsdl-net1.2, libsigc++, and libxml++ for installation. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. is there a specific pacakge that installs these?

thanks.

libglibmm, libsigc++ and libxml++ are in Diablo Extras or in Chinook Extras:

libidn11 and libsdl-net1.2 are in Diablo Extras-devel or in Chinook Extras:

libsdl-gfx1.2-4 is in Chinook Extras only

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
for my catalogs i have the following.

repository.maemo.org
repository.maemo.org/extras
repository.maemo.org/extras-devel

my distributions is chinook and they all are enabled.

but i can't see those specific applications in the installable applications list. is there something else i'm missing?

thank you for your help.

You can only see them in red pill mode. Don't forget to switch back to blue after you finish with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Bundyo~

Thank you very much for the help. I completely forgot about the red pill mode. Got it installed finally.

Hello, I would like to ask about this "port".

Firstly I would like to know what is this topic about. You discuss how to install wormux or you actually ported the game to make it runable on your OS.

In both cases I think the wormux team may be interested in packages for your OS if they differ from Linux ones. I am not Wormux developer but I'm an active member of wormux community and from time to time, map creator for the game.

Our team is very small and every interesting contribution gives us wings . So, if you ported the game please let me know, or post on wormux forums what you did, or if you used normal Linux packages and installation requires additional steps to be taken you can write How To and support our documentation.

Also, in both cases, we'd be happy if you decide to maintain wormux for this os and keeping your package up to date.

Waiting for some contact.

Last edited by alzen; 2009-03-24 at 13:35.

Actually this is quite old, there is new port in extras, I think mikkov maintains it.

Originally Posted by Bundyo
Actually this is quite old, there is new port in extras, I think mikkov maintains it.
Thanks for answer, may you please provide me some URL to the package's page or any contact information to it's maintainer?

I'm asking here because I don't know where to search for software written for your platform and I'm quite short on time. Thanks in advance and once again thank you for such a quick answer.

Source for wormux is found from here http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...urce/w/wormux/

There is very little modifications. It has 800x480 resolution, some control changes for maemo devices and handling of maemo's taskswitcher.

It is only in extras-devel repository which is not meant for end-users. Reason is that sound doesn't work and even bigger reason is that it requires too much memory. Load times are measured in minutes, it needs 190 MB memory while current maemo devices have 128 MB of RAM.

Otherwise game runs very well (IMHO) on N8x0 devices. After level is loaded frame rate is somewhere around 15 fps (haven't tested for a while).

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post: