Notices

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
It would appear that Magnus Plus doesn't run on N900s that have kernel-power v50 installed. The application starts to initialize the camera (click noises) and after a bit just shuts down quietly. dmesg is full of sbl overflow and omap-iommu errors.

It worked fine when I hadn't yet updated from v49 to v50, and I can say it is a great w-i-p application. Thumbs up. And this isn't the first camera-based application not to take kindly to kp50.

[Edit] I retract... somehow, it works again. Darn! This is my first false alarm TMO message.

Last edited by Raimu; 2012-04-21 at 19:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
I have tested it again on kernel power v50 and it works fine.

But be warned that there is a general incompatibility chance with fcamera or other photo apps based on the fcam drivers (like blessn900) - those may make even the default camera app fail ("internal error") after fcamera is used to take a photo. I have two n900, differently configured; on one of them this happens, on the other not...

Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
It would appear that Magnus Plus doesn't run on N900s that have kernel-power v50 installed. The application starts to initialize the camera (click noises) and after a bit just shuts down quietly. dmesg is full of sbl overflow and omap-iommu errors.

It worked fine when I hadn't yet updated from v49 to v50, and I can say it is a great w-i-p application. Thumbs up. And this isn't the first camera-based application not to take kindly to kp50.

[Edit] I retract... somehow, it works again. Darn! This is my first false alarm TMO message.

Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
UPDATE Feb 9th, 2012:

A new version is up, ...
I appreciate any feedback.
Thanks a lot for that application - really very useful!

Originally Posted by ilanti View Post
Thanks a lot for that application - really very useful!
I am glad you like it and find it useful. As the application is now in the repository "extra testing" and needs only one more vote for me to be able to move it in "extra", maybe you could vote for it.
All it takes is a "thumbs up" (click on it) at package karma in http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...splus/0.0.2-3/

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisg For This Useful Post: