Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
additionally the few devices they have now are aimed at simple minds with no consideration for quality.
I appreciate that your post was predominantly aimed at Nokia's WP strategy. But the N9 device is testiment to Nokia's ability to produce quality devices.

i have seen user reviews for N9. it seems fantastic, not only software wise, but also hardware wise. So you are right. but it could be considered a top model or luxury phone I suppose and far superior in build to the Lumia and its price focus.

N900 is/was also extremely expensive over spec phone. almost a technology demonstration with no profit in mind. its like the developers could do anything they wanted and went mad and produced the very best possible product. same story for N9..

N9 is not for me though, I would rather have the N950. drewl.

Last edited by zeebra; 2012-02-10 at 00:34.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
i have seen user reviews for N9. it seems fantastic, not only software wise, but also hardware wise. So you are right. but it could be considered a top model or luxury phone I suppose and far superior in build to the Lumia and its price focus.
There's no difference in build quality between the N9 and the Lumia 800. As for simplistic software, the N9 is as simplistic as it gets. Nokia did the exact same as Apple and omitted basic features that have been present in other devices for over a decade.
“I know we have out simplified the iPhone.”

Marko Ahtisaari
Today I received an N810. It cost me £41, yet I would take it over the N9 any day of the week.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-02-10 at 00:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post

I hope that the majority vote on the Nokia Board of Directors is Finnish.
It's not and has not been in a long time. And it was finns who brought Nokia down, lets not forget that. Elop just finished off the little that was left.

Closing down the factories in Europe was really the logical step. Nokia chose the path of being a OEM and all OEM stuff is done by 15 year old Asian peasant girls. It also pretty much finalised Nokia's tranformation. Pen pushers doing Excel calculations in Espoo and former T-shirt designers making pretty shells for generic MS products in London. Thats the new Nokia. Just the logo and nothing more.

No need to feel any sort of emotional attachment anymore, altough I doubt that the remaining few Nokia fanbois really care. The ones that still have the faith are so hardcore that nothing will stop their logo-worshipping.

Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
My misty eyed views have been formed through experience of the great devices that Nokia has produced; and not least the huge respect I have for the people of Finland
Also no need to to cry for finns. Nokia has dropped to around 1% of GDP and continues to go down. Its cold, soil is barren, climate hostile, no empires and never will be, few in numbers, but we have always survived against the odds and always will. Hopefully Elop will ship the HQ somewhere else so that I can get better view of Bay of Helsinki on my commute when I go past Keilaniemi. There are some lovely little island behind the building

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There's no difference in build quality between the N9 and the Lumia 800. As for simplistic software, the N9 is as simplistic as it gets. Nokia did the exact same as Apple and omitted basic features that have been present in other devices for over a decade.
“I know we have out simplified the iPhone.”

Marko Ahtisaari
Today I received an N810. It cost me £41, yet I would take it over the N9 any day of the week.
you are right. I would never swap my N900 for n9. Nokia has copied the ideas of Iphone and Android but made it better and more free. This is good.

I would take N950 anyday and put cordia on it.