Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
ok got it now, it would have been great if once the groups were created they would appear in the address book as an entry or something...not sure if that could be done seeing that conversations is closed source i think. great job anyway.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Updated to version 0.2.0 (in extras-devel)
* Added: send email to group
* Redesigned windows using QAbstractTableModel (a lot faster)

Performance should be better, let me know if it works.

great application, thank u so much

Hi Sakya,
Great work
When using the app to send SMS, Is it possible to see the contact's names instead of phone numbers like in the built-in app?

Originally Posted by isma View Post
Is it possible to see the contact's names instead of phone numbers like in the built-in app?
I don't think it's possible (or, at least, I don't know how to do it), I didn't make any test, but what the built-in app does if a contact has more than one number defined?
Does it send one SMS to all the contact's numbers?
In this app you select a single number for a contact (in fact contacts with multiple numbers are listed more than once in the contacts list).

Last edited by sakya; 2011-05-11 at 10:08.

Updated to version 0.2.1:
* Fixed: special characters where not escaped in sql (like ')
* Added message templates
* Changed group window to stacked

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
How can I make sure an sms has been sent, if it doesn't appear in the conversations list?

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Great app Sakya! Very very useful. Hope I can get updates from standard applixcation manager since I cannot find them with Faster AM.
By the way, the most important feature you've got (in my opinion) is that of grouping contacts. I just missed that feature in the buit-in Contact Manager. Taking this into account, I'd like to use your app even for phone calls. Is it possible to add such a feature: you classify people, them you go to that folder, select a contact and make a phone call? After that, maybe an applet for the power button, icons and ringtones per group, distinction between mobile a desktop phone -many of these don't admit SMS sending/receiving-, ... many ideas to come to your app!

Thanks in advance. Great work!!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
This would be an fantastic app. But unfortunately it dosen't send any sms on my device. Everything seems to be fine, but my contacts don' get any message I send with this app.

Am I doing something wrong? Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Now it seems to work for groups, that have just one contact. For groups with more contacts it opens conversation and the "wheel" in the status bar spinns while the conversation window keeps empty/black. Then conversation window closes. Finally no sms is send.

Last edited by Behemoth; 2011-07-13 at 09:18.

Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Edit: Now it seems to work for groups, that have just one contact. For groups with more contacts it opens conversation and the "wheel" in the status bar spinns while the conversation window keeps empty/black. Then conversation window closes. Finally no sms is send.
Strange, I'm using the standard conversation window to send sms...
Do you see the phone numbers in the "To" field?