Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Will give it a try thanks!

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
Folks,

Is the source code available to be reviewed? While the application might "work", I feel we should do an audit of the source code (assuming it is provided in addition to the binary, and it actually matches the binary).

I am sure the developers of SPB TV are not malicious and are great developers, however we need to be aware of the constant threat of seemingly useful applications originating from places in Eastern Europe like Russia which could actually be stealing information on the device (think "spyware"). The concept of "ethics" in Eastern Europe is vastly different from the rest of the developed world, especially when it comes to "taking from the rich (us) to give to the poor (them)".

The Russian-language saying is "Доверай но проверай", which means "Trust people, but double check them".
I'm pretty sure SPB wont release the source code. All I know is that the streams actually streams via SPB servers, possibly because of transcoding.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Finally got it installed and working, some bugs but on a whole the app is good and pretty stable.

Now my issue, and was an issue with this app on S60 too, I dont see the point of it unless you are in countries over towards Japan, Asia area.

All the channels are news pretty much or traffic cams, im mean really come on, who is going to sit there watching traffic cams, seriously.

Dont get me wrong, the app is good, but the content is not, get Youtube, and proper online TV stations working, or allow it to connect to sites like Tvshack.cc to watch movies and TV shows

Overall, Good App, bad Content

If SPB will not release source code then we should perhaps do a test packet capture on the traffic between the N900 and SPB servers (even though I'm sure it's partly or largely encrypted) to see what's going on.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Attached the file over here

Have fun!
I tried to download the .deb file and it said to open with dbus switchboard, but then I got a message saying "No Handler Configured for application etc".

What does that mean?

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
I tried to download the .deb file and it said to open with dbus switchboard, but then I got a message saying "No Handler Configured for application etc".

What does that mean?
Open with the Application Manager instead.

ToJa92,

Never gave me that option.

And for the unzip add-on it said it was unzipping then nothing happened.

EDIT: Ah, for the unzip add-on I didn't see that it placed the file right in the same folder.

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
If SPB will not release source code then we should perhaps do a test packet capture on the traffic between the N900 and SPB servers (even though I'm sure it's partly or largely encrypted) to see what's going on.
Going through a Wireshark log ATM, it actually sends the serial key in plaintext to the server(though I've read on my-symbian it *should* be free forever).

@HeavyComponent: Install 'rootsh' package, open XTerm, type "sudo gainroot", navigate to the .deb file and write "dpkg -i <filename>"

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Why this application is not annonced on SPB site? I didn't found any topic of the producer about it! Any clues?

Tried a half dozen channels - nada. Always issue with stream. Will stick with World TV
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post: