Posts: 135 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hong Kong
Great application! However , I have similar problem like Digbum13. RaeMote was not shown in the widget list. I can only run through terminal.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
RĉMote 1.2 has just been released and will land in Extras-Testing soon. It includes a fix for the graphical glitch where the button highlight would not go away and appear "stuck".

If RĉMote is not shown in the widget list, simply re-start your device.

Sounds very cool...since i lost my iMac remote for 2nd time...but can't get it to appear in the widget list...

python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/raemote.py & seems to do the job and make it appear....but i have to run the command every time?...

Should I have something else also installed or just the Raemote? thx and kudos for the development!

Last edited by cafeine; 2010-03-27 at 18:06.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
cafeine:; try a reboot

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

twaelti, i did but the same results....only if run the command

python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/raemote.py &

i can see it in my views.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks a million! This widget will be used like a mother.. well a lot! Just brainstorming here but is there any chance of getting the remote app from iphone/ipod touch to N900 (the one that uses wifi connection)? Are there copyright issues or something? Maybe with some plugins that might work? (I don't really know much of these things..) That would be the greatest thing ever though this will also do just fine..

Originally Posted by mottis View Post
is there any chance of getting the remote app from iphone/ipod touch to N900 (the one that uses wifi connection)? Are there copyright issues or something?
I think what you mean is the DACP protocol? There is an implementation (and detailed information about the protocol) on this page (for an Android app):

http://dacp.jsharkey.org/

Also, I've found a client implementation on Ruby, which should theoretically work on the N900 as command-line app already:

http://gitorious.com/ruby-dacp

(There might even be a Qt-based UI for this already in the "qtstereo" directory inside the Git repo, but I haven't checked it out. Just a pointer in case anyone wants to try implementing something like this - I personally don't use iTunes for music playback )

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by thp View Post
I think what you mean is the DACP protocol? There is an implementation (and detailed information about the protocol) on this page (for an Android app):

http://dacp.jsharkey.org/
Yep that's the one. Is someone able to turn that into a working N900 app? Or is there one already? I have no skill in these things but I imagine this would be a simple thing to do..(?)

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
So it seems previous attempts of mine to get Irreco or qtirreco to work (never did) have really done in my IR transmitter, assuming it worked in the first place. I can not get Rĉmote to work either.

I've tried:

1.) Rebooting

2.) Deleting Rĉmote and running apt-get remove --purg lirc (I get this message: Package lirc is not installed, so not removed).

3.) apt-get clean, apt-get autoclean, apt-get remove, apt-get autoremove

I ran python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/raemote.py in terminal and got this message:

Code:
Stopping lirc daemon: irexec lircmd lircd. 
Starting lirc daemon: lircdlircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 5: 
lircd: ignoring this child file for now. 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 6: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 8: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 10: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 12: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 14: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 16: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 18: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 20: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 22: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 24: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/InternalLircDevices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 26: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices/RM-YD017.tira' defined at line 28: 
lircd: error opening child file '/home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices/DCT2524' defined at line 29: 
Any help appreciated.

Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
So it seems previous attempts of mine to get Irreco or qtirreco to work (never did) have really done in my IR transmitter, assuming it worked in the first place. I can not get Rĉmote to work either.
Edit /etc/lircd.conf with a text editor (e.g. vim) as root and remove all lines in it except for the file that includes the RaeMote remote definition (you'll spot it easily). Save the file and then restart RaeMote and it should work again

The culprit here is QtIrreco an Irreco, as they simply append lines to the /etc/lircd.conf file, but fail to remove these lines when they get uninstalled, resulting in a broken lircd configuration.