Active Topics

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Now mmc2 seems to be "Read-only filesystem".
That's most likely unrelated. It means the file system is corrupted (when the kernel detects that it remounts it read-only as a precaution to avoid damaging it further).

There are many ways this can happen, like mounting on another computer via USB and unplugging without unmounting cleanly, unclean shutdown (removing the battery, or running out of battery suddenly) and so on. It may also be bug 2940 if you're one of the unlucky first buyers (though you would probably have noticed years ago), so check for that first.

Otherwise you should unmount the filesystem and repair it with dosfsck, it should be fine after that.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by lma View Post
I don't think it's the kernel, if there's anything in the community that triggers it I would suspect the X server (I'm still not 100% sure I guessed the build flags correctly on that one).
Wow, I'm speechless (well, not really).
In spite of what the marketing says about the openness of maemo they won't even disclose the build flags.
Cannot say I'm really surprised.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
I don't think it's the kernel, if there's anything in the community that triggers it I would suspect the X server (I'm still not 100% sure I guessed the build flags correctly on that one).
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="maemo-launcher,thumb,vfp,parallel=4"

should be the right ones, I mean, autobuilder uses same..

And then CFLAGS="-Wall -g -O2 -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp -mcpu=arm1136jf-s -mtune=arm1136jf-s" if not indicated already.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="maemo-launcher,thumb,vfp,parallel=4"

should be the right ones, I mean, autobuilder uses same..
Wow, thanks, that's exactly the info I was looking for!

Using the above I get exactly the same Xomap binary as before, so if there is a bug it's not due to build flags at least, good to know.

I hadn't seen "maemo-launcher" as an option before, but that explains some other differences I noticed in GUI apps. Unfortunately the deb tools in scratchbox are too old to handle "parallel", but a few packages deal with it on their own in debian/rules. I'll probably adapt others to do the same for sanity's sake.

Last edited by lma; 2010-08-28 at 12:36.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
okey, I rebooted, then deleted swap.
next:
umount /media/mmc2
fsck.vfat -a -d /media/mmc2/ -u /media/mmc2/
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/mmc2
reboot

Now it works perfect, but I still don't know what it was. Btw, bug 2940 is not for me, 'cause I own my n810 more than 1 year.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
@Ima, See my update to thread #18.

libssl0.9.7 is not working after installing this SSU and I am using the stable version, when i try to install gizmo, it says that, and when i used -apt get, it said it installed, but when I tried gizmo again, it said missing libssl0.9.7 again, is this just me or other people too?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Gizmo may be gone because Google bought it.
Don't trust me though, I did no research.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Last edited by Mgamerz; 2010-08-31 at 00:37.

Originally Posted by Mgamerz View Post
Gizmo may be gone because Google bought it.
Don't trust me though, I did no research.
They did, and I have an account that I use and my friend uses and we chat video from time to time

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
iirc, existing accounts are still working but new ones can't be created.

Tags
diablo, maemo 4