Active Topics

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dalton, GA.-30720. USA
I agree with u egoshin. it just started to do the same to me. any idea what to do? I am new to the n900 and to smartphones in general so i am learning little by little. thanks again

hey guys! do you know how i could setup a LIVE mail ??

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by ganglet View Post
I agree with u egoshin. it just started to do the same to me. any idea what to do? I am new to the n900 and to smartphones in general so i am learning little by little. thanks again
You have 2 options - use Nokia messaging as described here or just use 3G for e-mails via suggested IMAP configuration. For now I stopped on 3G because I found very inconvenient the e-mail polling each 4hours - phone sounds at night at least twice and wakes me up.

Originally Posted by crash16 View Post
hey guys! do you know how i could setup a LIVE mail ??
What does it mean?

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
What does it mean?

Something like this: name@live.ac.uk, you can get one from outlook.com. i can receive mails but i can't send one and i don't know why

Originally Posted by crash16 View Post
Something like this: name@live.ac.uk, you can get one from outlook.com. i can receive mails but i can't send one and i don't know why
You need to setup correctly an output SMTP server addresses. Unfortunately, it depends from your provider - some of them blocks output to TCP port 25 and some of them requires a usage of SMTP gateway. It is difficult to give you here a generic advice because of that. The best way - follow the Nokia N900 advice then you setup an account.

O-oh, one another thing - you may try a different setup in SSL, user identification etc.

Originally Posted by ganglet View Post
Thanks Radiowc. This worked but for some reason it took long to update my emails but when i did it for my hotmail address it worked quickly. Thanks anyway for the big help.
Well, I guess it is just the yahoo thing :> It happened to me too even if I am on my HTC TP2 (WinMo device) .

For me I just don't like the Nokia Messaging hosting my email. Just not cool

Just like I don't like google hosting my apps or storing my files or sync my contact :P

I tired all the things mentioned here but I still cant setup my yahoo account on my n900. When I tired the Nokia messaging it tells me ( Your mobile phone already has the latest Nokia Messaging software installed. To setup Nokia Messaging directly from your phone, go to Menu > Email > New > Follow on screen instructions.

Don't forget to Accept the Service Terms
.)

Please help coz my yahoo account is my main account i need it.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The infallible way to do it is to use the browser, not Nokia Messaging.

It can be done with Nokia Messaging -- it's tough to do with a free account. Even that can be done, but it can be tricky.

It's really bugging me, i need to do this....