Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Well, to my big surprise this really works

Having a look on the deb file, it uses this aegis strings:
Code:
<aegis>
	<request policy="add">
                <credential name="mce::DeviceModeControl" />

<!-- <for path="/opt/flightmode/bin/flightmode" /> -->
                <for path="applauncherd-launcher::/usr/bin/applauncherd.bin" id="" />
	</request>
</aegis>
For sure we could also figure out how to set the flight modes. But lets hope the author is willing to share it.
This might also be of use for other Aegis protected things...
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Well, to my big surprise this really works :)

Having a look on the deb file, it uses this aegis strings:
Code:
<aegis>
	<request policy="add">
                <credential name="mce::DeviceModeControl" />

<!-- <for path="/opt/flightmode/bin/flightmode" /> -->
                <for path="applauncherd-launcher::/usr/bin/applauncherd.bin" id="" />
	</request>
</aegis>
For sure we could also figure out how to set the flight modes. But lets hope the author is willing to share it.
This might also be of use for other Aegis protected things...
I really don't know why it works! The things I changed are the .desktop file, so the application is launched using invoker, and the aegis file.
However i found out that it works even when setting NoAegisFile in manifest.aegis

As ajalkane said, it's probably something related to applauncher.. Maybe line 483 or 488 in booster.cpp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazyhg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by crazyhg View Post
I really don't know why it works!
This means it could stop working in the final PR1.2? (i.e. when Nokia fixes a "bug" related to this?
I just tested it on my N9 with PR1.2 beta and it works also there.

@crazyhg: would you be willing to share how you switch the flight mode?
I couldn’t find any useful information about it on the web. Only http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...eviceMode.html. But since I am not a C++ programmer, I do not understand how to use those classes (in terminal, Python or dBus calls). Also there seems to be no gconf string for the flight mode.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Italy
This means it could stop working in the final PR1.2? (i.e. when Nokia fixes a "bug" related to this?
I just tested it on my N9 with PR1.2 beta and it works also there. :)
Unfortunately, I think so.. Great that works with PR1.2 though

This means it could stop working in the @crazyhg: would you be willing to share how you switch the flight mode?
I couldn’t find any useful information about it on the web. Only http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...eviceMode.html. But since I am not a C++ programmer, I do not understand how to use those classes (in terminal, Python or dBus calls). Also there seems to be no gconf string for the flight mode.
I think you can use those API only with C++..
In Python QmSystem is not available http://wiki.meego.com/Python/Harmattan#API_Bindings, maybe there is a Dbus call in com.nokia.mce but you need the mce::DeviceModeControl token

However my source code is available here https://projects.developer.nokia.com/flightmode/browser
It's really simple, just look at the main.cpp file

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazyhg For This Useful Post: