Active Topics

Originally Posted by Daneel
Like i said, the phone repair shop said the hardware is fine
Change Your repair shop Your symptoms have NOTHING to do with rotfs/optfs (especially, when You try to reflash with "u" and even the USB icon doesn't appear on screen), and guys on repair shop are just idiots, used to repair generic cell phones. They know nothing about N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I am under the same impression as well but i am willing to entartain the opportunity, i got nothing to lose, everything to gain

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
i had the same problem abt 6 months bak.... ihad access to other n900.... tried everything!.... replacing with fully charged batery and everything..... the final option which wrked ws reflash via linux..... windows doesn't seem to do it.... the phn just wont switch on! i tried everything...... the boot time power manager has gone corrupt. read the wiki fr linux reflash. else reply here

The Following User Says Thank You to pavi.kant For This Useful Post:
I will gladly read the wiki you mentioned, can you provide a link please?

Thanks!

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I will gladly read the wiki you mentioned, can you provide a link please?

Thanks!
Here you go: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

I am under the same impression as well but i am willing to entartain the opportunity, i got nothing to lose, everything to gain
If they screw something in Your N900 and deny to take responsibility, it may be hard for You to proof that it's they fault. I have experiences like this with repairing not working backlight in notebook - should be easy cause it's common problem - for me, it was broken tape-like cable, shortcutting something. But idiot in repair shop wanted to replace inverter on motherboard, and to check if it's not fuse problem, he replaced it (fuse) with wire, really frying inverter. At last, on 3th repair shop i find someone capable of diagnosing properly and repairing everything. Also he was the one who discovered responsible flat multicable, and wire in place of fuse. Still, it costed me 100 $ more, cause fried inverter - that was perfectly fine before idiots in 1st or 2th shop put their hands on it.

I would not risk allowing any "technican" who seems to not even diagnose issue properly, to go "intimate" with my N900.

I feel the same way exactly so i decided not to take my N900 back to that same shop.
I tried to reflash on my own using fresh backupmenu images but It didn't work so i am taking my N900 to a Nokia Service Center.

I hope they will know what to do.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
just gave mine to the repair shop. i'm curious to see what will be replaced/repaired. loose usb port, broken camera lense cover, shaky keyboard and a screwed display surface by bad protector foil. >.<

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Don't think they replace them any more.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

I feel the same way exactly so i decided not to take my N900 back to that same shop.
I tried to reflash on my own using fresh backupmenu images but It didn't work so i am taking my N900 to a Nokia Service Center.

I hope they will know what to do.
I'm having the exact same problem. Had the not charging/ connected usb device even when connecting the wall charger for a few days. There isn't any wiggle on the port though.

Today when i woke up after a nap, the n900 just refuses to boot up. The wall charger won't charge it either. The data cable does charge it though.

@Daneel have you heard back from nokia care?