Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
I've just been given a new phone after my N900 being away for the second attempt at repair with the intermittant "all telephony functions ... are disabled.." messages.

I flashed, cleaned SIM connections, bent them slightly, pushed a bit of paper under the card etc, etc but nothing worked.

So far this new one looks like it's working OK...

(N900 from Bel Company/Netherlands)

Phone was returned after 9 days and seems to working fine... but looks like a diferent device, i think it has some dead pixel next to the circular light, maybe after fixing the incoming devices, they just quickly replace the tags and then reflashed it with the corresponding new firmware, so the device would be like the original one sent it but in fact is someone else phone, just with a new circuit board and stamped with user respective serial numbers.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Hey guys, just reporting my own experience with this issue in the hope that someone can shed some light on a possible solution. Initially my phone was regularly reporting the No SIM error, then reconnecting soon afterwards. The next day I received this very error, and reboots/battery pulls did not fix the issue.

Since then I have reflashed the eMMC and the OS, however the OS flash hangs at "CMT flashing failed". As a result, I attempted to reinstall the cmt-firmware-rx51 over the top of the existing firmware via xterm. after a reboot this alleviated the situation momentarily, however after another reboot the problem resurfaced. Subsequent reinstalls have not fixed it.

I really don't imagine I would do well with dismantling my phone, but other than sending the phone away for repair (now out of warranty), is there anything else left to try?

Same here, receiving "All telephony functions, including emergency calls, are disabled due to a communication error. To recover, you might have to reboot the device". The strange thing is, when it's in the charger the message keeps away.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by keflex View Post

I really don't imagine I would do well with dismantling my phone, but other than sending the phone away for repair (now out of warranty), is there anything else left to try?
Is it out of warranty? Have you checked? I doubt it is as they have a two year warrantee.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
all telephony functions ... are disabled due to a communication error - anyone else experiencing this problem?

wifi in the other hand is fine.

The phone has been working fine, up to a couple of days ago.

I'm in the UK and my network is T-mobile... I understand that t-mobile has been merging with orange and lately i have been receiving messages saying that i can also use orange services, but when i tried, i receive a message saying that they experiencing technical problems, which makes me think this could well be a network issue. T-mobile today proved to be completely hopeless with their automated phone system and lack of information about network status... at one point pointing me to the coverage checker page, the only person i been able to speak is with sales as i have not been able to access the customer support without the telephone, the number they have to call them from non-t-mobile phone suppose to be the same as when you dial 150 but has the technical support option is missing from the menu option, what a nightmere, just to check if there are any reports of network problems, even vodafone offer this information to customers.

If you experience this before, how did you fix it?
did u try rebooting the device like it asked? :|

had the same problem a few weeks ago. Took it back to carphone warehouse for repair and they reflashed it. Got it back and it lasted 10 minutes before giving the same message. Its not sim related as I tried 2 different network sim cards and got the same problem. As it failed again within 30 days of repair I got a refurbished phone. Works fine now.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
Mine has started to do this today, pissed

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Newcastle
Same here...might try a reflash

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Melbourne
did anyone here tried to replace pcb board on their own - and were there any results?

Thx

Tags
antenna, communication, depressing, disabled, error, problem, telephony