I just saw this link that they are calling the N9 possibly, but either way nice vid. Other than the OS, I am interested.

^ That's probably the N8 keyboard variant or E7 not N9.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
I'll consider if/when there's a keyboard variant, but not until.

Originally Posted by 6sicSIX View Post
Quipper, not to be a troll, but name me a waterproof phone..?
n8 is based on symbian, I am going to wait for the n9. I will not go back to symbian. Ever.
nokia 3720, samsung b2700(ithink is number), sonim xp series

differing degrees of water resistance and proof

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NSW, Australia
I moved to the N900 because of maemo and the software. The N8 doesn't do anything to impress me enough to get one. Sure there's some nice features: 12MP camera, HDMI, multi-touch/capacitive screen and ofcourse it looks good (IMO ). But the rest of the hardware, the OS (seriously, Symbian?) and the software just doesn't scream "buy me!" like the N900 did. I'll be staying with the N900

Plus the N900 only got released in Australia in April, we won't see the N8 for looong time probably >_>

Last edited by Dragon_Orb; 2010-08-18 at 03:51.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
I am considering the N8. I have a dual holster that carries my N900 and N82 and the N8 will be a perfect replacement got my aging xenon+GPU equipped N82. Heres hoping that TMobile usa picks it up so I can get it for cheap and save my cash for the Meego phone.

Come on Tmobile, you know you want me to renew that 5th line....

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
No more Nokia....moved to Samsung Galaxy S....enjoying it

Symbian is just silly. Nokia holds on to the platform because it is a recent buy (2008) and to kill it = to admit that it was money wasted, thus we keep seeing these shitty devices running symbian in all its incarnations till this day.... probably will still see it in the future too. As to the original question: I will not buy any more nokia devices until the company redeems itself.

Sometimes I think that the best message to nokia that will most likely draw attention to itself would be to do what Iran did : Boycott its products (well i'll just keep dreaming)

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Well I was thinking of getting one but since Nokia is going to announce Symbian ^4 in a year or so as much as N8 has good OS and hardware it technically carries dead OS and unlike N900 you cant install NitDroid or even Maemo 5 so I'll pass

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

someone in the know told me yesterday that the ui of the n900 replacement will be awesome! i gotta see the app suport though.. need apps to make a platform work..