Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
Let's not confuse suggested retail price with sale price (at e.g. buy.com). The suggested retail price for n800 is not much lower than that of the n810.
Suggested retail pretty much has nothing to do with reality, so it's not a very important piece of information.

Not entirely correct. Soon (when wimax version comes out in 2008), n810 will be discounted too. If you want the latest toy, you have to pay..

Why do all the "when wimax comes out" sound like "when (insert favorite deity here) returns" comments?

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Can you read? Am I the only person reading news reports? FYI, I didn't say wimax is coming, Nokia did.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Originally Posted by gammer
@Karel: Maybe thumbs do better sometimes with gestures, but nevertheless it is not very convenient to switch to thumbs with two styli in hands. It should be configurable whether uppercase and other modes switch back or not, I miss an easy way to configure the layout etc. etc. A lot of potential for improvements ;-) If i only had time...
I think that should be printed on every Internet Tablet box: "A lot of potential for improvements". It's both nice and sad as a motto...
Interesting idea ;-) Now if you add "If you only have time..." then it almost becomes sarcasm.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Even more than a snap on QWERTY/Z keyboard I would like a full metal jacket with build-in keyboard. This would solve two problems at once! I am constantly looking around for a bt keyboard small and thin enough to fit into my Case Logic case, together with the n800 (similiar to http://freedominput.com/site/index.p...d=13&Itemid=30).
My Apple BT keyboard is very nice and useful, but it's not usable for short notes on the go.