Active Topics

Notices

Marcelo,

Thanks for the update. I am really excited to have a playlist feature in Canola. It is already my main app on the N800, and my media app 99% of the time.

Thanks for all the great work.

-hal

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by lintweaker View Post
Nice update! It feels a lot smoother.
How can I test the UPNP functionality, I have a upnp server a home but it does not show up (but alas I do not know where to check either ;-) ).

edit: forgot the upnp got it's own thread...
Jurgen
You should have a fifth Media servers button on the main Canola screen.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@JOED
You need to send us info dude we cannot figure out by magic what happened
so, please try installing go into the menu of the application manager search for logs.. and send us the log result.

What can happens:
you have devel-class repositories, that are blocking stuff etc.
So follow the directions on the post :
remove/disabled all the devel things
make sure you don;'t have python launcher installed
make sure no application is running when installing
run again canola-cleanup just to make sure (it unninstall canola, so don't need to unninstal by hand) and then try installing...

Let me know if it goes

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hi, Khalid :

can you try downloading only this album's cover? go to the 3-album screen, and click options, update album covers. It will try just for it, and you can say from where do you want. Try also removing the support now for anything else then amazon

Yes, you just put a cover.jpg on the same folder

Twaelti : Thanks dude! hope you find a couple of bugs
sorry, where is this in the UI... 3-album screen, options, update album covers, etc...?

i've also been having trouble with album cover art, and i've noticed that the standalone 'Album Cover' app/script doesn't seem to run at all if I exit Canola and just try to update album cover art outside of Canola.

can i drop to a terminal and troubleshoot the album cover art functionality somehow?

also, the problem seems to spread to other areas of Canola, in that I have a list of songs in 'All songs', but the 'Artists', 'Albums', and 'Cover Arts' are empty.

last bit, and please don't take offense, but shouldn't the 'arts' related bits just be 'art'... since art is plural in English... i.e. Cover Art... not Cover Arts, etc...

Jurgen :
Yes, it appears "Media Server Ball, besides the Settings one"
You click, you get a search servers, click it.. it will list the servers for you.
Once you select one server.. make sure your server is configured, your firewall on the network allows the traffic of the upnp data.. and so on.

You will be able to browse the folders the upnp server is exposing.

Marcelo

sorry, where is this in the UI... 3-album screen, options, update album covers, etc...?

i've also been having trouble with album cover art, and i've noticed that the standalone 'Album Cover' app/script doesn't seem to run at all if I exit Canola and just try to update album cover art outside of Canola.

can i drop to a terminal and troubleshoot the album cover art functionality somehow?

also, the problem seems to spread to other areas of Canola, in that I have a list of songs in 'All songs', but the 'Artists', 'Albums', and 'Cover Arts' are empty.

last bit, and please don't take offense, but shouldn't the 'arts' related bits just be 'art'... since art is plural in English... i.e. Cover Art... not Cover Arts, etc...
Don't worry, it's my personal mistake. never had English Classes, so I do make a lot of silly mistakes. Funny that Caio asked me that. So Arts is wrong right? we will change in the updates.

About those things : did you install : Canola-tuning-plugin ? (not the standalone one)?

If so : please refer to the manual or the news :

http://www.openbossa.indt.org/canola/using.html (its not updated to beta9) but you can store it

----
about the empty list : Do you music appeared before? Do you have tags? if they are appearing in the all songs, and not in the others is because they are not tagged, or the scanner is breaking when finding some corrupted/not supported/particular file (it's probably a bug on our scanner)

What format are you using? Mp3s?

Yes you can install the canola-tuning-plugin and run canola in xTerm with -vvv as arguments for debugging messages output.

Also the source is online in the website : http://www.openbossa.indt.org/canola/developer.html

Marcelo

Last edited by handful; 2008-05-20 at 20:10.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Don't worry, it's my personal mistake. never had English Classes, so I do make a lot of silly mistakes. Funny that Caio asked me that. So Arts is wrong right? we will change in the updates.

About those things : did you install : Canola-tuning-plugin ? (not the standalone one)?

If so : please refer to the manual or the news :

(image removed for quoting)

http://www.openbossa.indt.org/canola/using.html (its not updated to beta9) but you can store it

about the empty list : Do you music appeared before? Do you have tags? if they are appearing in the all songs, and not in the others is because they are not tagged, or the scanner is breaking when finding some corrupted/not supported/particular file (it's probably a bug on our scanner)

What format are you using? Mp3s?

Yes you can install the canola-tuning-plugin and run canola in xTerm with -vvv as arguments for debugging messages output.

Also the source is online in the website : http://www.openbossa.indt.org/canola/developer.html

Marcelo
i do have the canola-tuning app and canola-tuning-plugin installed...

i tried deleting ~/.canola and adding my media folders (external card) for audio, photos, and video again.

i noticed that the video thumbnail standalone app doesn't run when ~/.canola (or maybe some porition of the subdirectories) doesn't exist.

the standalone album cover art app runs, but finishes very quickly, which seems a little fishy

i only have one artist/album (mp3) on my external card right now, but the artist and album in question did have cover art at one time that was fetched with the standalone album cover art sometime in February with a previous canola release.

i'd be happy to send you a link to test my mp3's or provide any other assistance that might be helpful.
Attached Images

Yeah, it's not installed correctly ... you should have a options button there in the right lower corner.

Can you try clicking there?

And does it appears on settings (the option) ?

Please, unninstall and re-install them : /

We will investigate this conflict.. it shouldn't happen :

Marcelo

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Hi, Khalid :

can you try downloading only this album's cover? go to the 3-album screen, and click options, update album covers. It will try just for it, and you can say from where do you want. Try also removing the support now for anything else then amazon

Yes, you just put a cover.jpg on the same folder
Hi Marcelo,

I had been using the canola-tuning standalone app. I uninstalled it and installed canola-tuning-plugin instead. No more hang, but no album covers either. It downloaded album cover for only 1 out of some 42 albums I have. I did disable all sources for album cover other than amazon. I am pretty sure all of my ID3 tags are good. Maybe there is difference in the spelling or capitalization compared to what amazon might have. I wonder how sensitive search is at amazon to capitalization differences.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
@JOED
You need to send us info dude we cannot figure out by magic what happened
so, please try installing go into the menu of the application manager search for logs.. and send us the log result.

What can happens:
you have devel-class repositories, that are blocking stuff etc.
So follow the directions on the post :
remove/disabled all the devel things
make sure you don;'t have python launcher installed
make sure no application is running when installing
run again canola-cleanup just to make sure (it unninstall canola, so don't need to unninstal by hand) and then try installing...

Let me know if it goes

Marcelo
OK...I finally got it to work. I ran canola-cleanup four times, then deleted some duplicate repos, and now it's installed. Thanks for your patience.

Joe