Active Topics

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
My install segfaults right away. Even with a clean profile.

Its a milestone though. Therefore, makes sense. I still remember running Mozilla (SeaMonkey) milestones years ago. And, at some point, they gotten pretty stable.

Speaking of which. Anyone able to run Sunbird on maemo? I tried to compile it in SB but not much luck yet.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I installed over my M4 installation and even had to ignore that my app manager wanted to upgrade the version of XUL runner I have installed from the deb. But I installed the XUL runner first and then the Fennec deb.
Letting the App Man update my XUL runner now. will report what it does.

Edit:
The XUL runner in the repo does not work with the Fennec M5 (unofficial) deb, you must use the one that is in the directory with the M5 install.

Last edited by ericdkirk; 2008-07-17 at 18:48. Reason: Update

Hey just spent some more time on the IRC channel and found out that you have to use 'chinook' as the distro to get m5, it is only in chinook now. You need to uninstall fennec and xulrunner first. But just so you know they doubled the time you can use it before crashing, it will last for 2 minutes now!!!

I have discovered, well people on Mozilla's Bugzilla have informed me, that if you run 'fennec' from the terminal, the program is more stable and will run much longer. Don't expect days, but I have gotten 8 minutes out of it.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Yeah, I've been able to use M5 (0.5) for quite a while. It has the nice zoom in feature which is so useful on iPhone/iPod touch.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@ericdkirk:
Umm... maybe they're not osso_initializing it? That won't get them far from the menu - maybe a 30 secs.

Fennec just stayed open for 1 hour just sitting on my desk, at least it is not killing itself anymore!