Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
By the way it should be "supl" not "sulp".

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
As in Secure User Plane Location.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
This is puzzling. Following this thread because Maemo Mapper was no longer getting a fix, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the a-gps beta. Uninstall went fine, but when I went to re-install, it was no longer in the catalog. Red and Blue pill, no luck.

Ok, I figured I was dreaming that it had simply appeared in the app manager after the Diablo re-flash. So, I followed the link in one of the early posts in this thread and downloaded it from Nokia beta labs, or so I thought.

I went to 'install from file' and the app manager went through it's regular install ritual (including adding a catalog that I thought I already had: Maemo Extras), but then the process failed and I got this message:

"Unable to download agps-ui. Application package not found."

Hmmm....the file downloaded appears to be 1k, which seems rather small

So, has a-gps been pulled from development? Or am I (per usual) dreamin'? It was there, right?

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Maybe you changed Maemo Extras repository to Chinook and forgot to change it back to Diablo. Check it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
agps-ui isn't in extras repo but in nokia certified repo. Anyway here's direct link:
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...ser/a/agps-ui/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Derby, UK
I see that there is a new version of agps-ui (0.10-1beta), has this made a difference to any of the problems that some were reporting here?

The Following User Says Thank You to HowieG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Maybe you changed Maemo Extras repository to Chinook and forgot to change it back to Diablo. Check it.
Thanks for the tip. but no luck. Your post raises a couple of questions fo me though:

First, I hadn't actually changed any of my catalogs to diablo. I've been following the diablo release pretty closely, but may have missed the note about changing repositories in the catalogs. I've been getting application update notifications through the status bar so I thought my catalog repositories were lined up correctly, so to speak.

So, are we 'supposed' to change the repository to diablo in all catalogs in order to get the latest versions of applications?

EDIT: I think the answer to this question is yes...I changed the repository in the Nokia certified catalog and have 23 updates to install

Perhaps, I should just not worry about it...

Last edited by Greyghost; 2008-07-14 at 15:33. Reason: Updated info!

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
agps-ui isn't in extras repo but in nokia certified repo. Anyway here's direct link:
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...ser/a/agps-ui/
Thanks! I didn't even need the direct link. I changed the repository to diablo in the Nokia catalog and voila! I guess I haven't been paying as close attention to the diablo change as I should have.

Originally Posted by manderss99 View Post
How often does the data need to be updated for this to work if
you stay in the same area? Every time or every few days or what?
Mikael
To the best of my knowledge, the GPS satellites are in geosynchronous orbit, which means they are orbiting the Earth at the same speed as it rotates (so relatively speaking, they will stay in about the same position above your house over a period of time). Based on that, you should not have to update the data unless you've moved more than 300km from the position you've updated the data from. You still might lose a satellite or two if you move out of its range, however, and may need to update the data again.

This information might be out of date since they've introduced more satellites than the initial 24, but I couldn't find any concrete information stating otherwise. Additionally, I haven't been able to use the A-GPS program on my n810 yet, so I can't say from experience whether this information is valid.

No, that is wrong. GPS satellites are _NOT_ in geosynch orbits, they orbit much lower and not just in the equatorial plane (which wouldn't cover the globe), and thus they are never in the same place from moment to moment.

edit: Sloppy wording improved a bit.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-07-15 at 12:05.

Tags
a-gps, gps