Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
you have to close application manager before you can use apt-get in terminal...

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Victoria, BC
Application manager is/was closed.

I have tried again to install Panucci, but have once again failed. I am a bit irritated that you need to be some kind of Linux guru just to install a simple app on this device. I have been trying since I bought the N800 last year, to do something so simple I can do it easily on my el cheapo Palm Zire 71. That is listen to an audiobook. I am not averse to paying for programs that I use but there isn't even that option.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/panucci/

open this link in the tablet browser, then tap the green arrow. 0.3 is currently a test version, but will show up as a update when ready.

Originally Posted by JoeF View Post
I have tried again to install Panucci, but have once again failed. I am a bit irritated that you need to be some kind of Linux guru just to install a simple app on this device. I have been trying since I bought the N800 last year, to do something so simple I can do it easily on my el cheapo Palm Zire 71. That is listen to an audiobook. I am not averse to paying for programs that I use but there isn't even that option.
I'm terribly sorry that you can't get it to install but to be honest I don't think it's Panucci's fault. I ran into a similar situation when I first got my n810; I added a bunch of random repos and installed all sorts of weird stuff. This caused dependency issues which prevented me from updating my tablet. In the end it was just simpler to re-flash it and start again.

You have two options (that I can think of):
  1. Remove any non-essential applications, clear out any non-maemo repositories from the application manager and try installing again.
  2. Reflash with the latest OS image and start from scratch. (Keep in mind that we only test on 4.1-Diablo)

Hope this helps,

nick

I'll try again. When I first got the N800 and discovered there was no audiobook reader I went through the whole clone to sd business so that I would be able to have a large space to set up Garnet VM and use Pocket tunes. (Insert laugh track). Sooo I hate to think of reflashing because now it is almost a year later and I have forgotten how I did everything. I'll do it as a last resort. First I'll start chucking stuff and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Tags
panucci, testing