Well, if they release it till mid november, I am fine with that. But another delay would be really bad.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London, UK
:

I wonder if this is a manufacturing problem, or some software tweaking?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Delays happen. Not too surprising though. Gives them the time they require... and it's only a month.

Gotta give them credit to be upfront about it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Well Nokia has been saying November for a little time now. Not what we wanted to hear but another week after all the excitement is not going to really be the end of the world.

I think the review saying a month later than originally expected is a tad rich, I was under the impression the original date from Nokia was mid to late October anyhow so starting in Nov is a fortnight or longer not a month!

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
That will only mean we'll have a better device when it comes out

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Let's hope with Portrait mode!

i really hope portrait mode WILL be fixed.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
i really hope portrait mode WILL be fixed.
We said at the Maemo Summit that portrait mode for the browser shall be made available as software update by Xmas 2009. I guess we don't want to wait that long for Nokia N900 first shipments? So, portrait browsing in browser will be out later than the first shipments.

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Kraków,Poland
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Exactly. I prefer completed device/software over full of bugs. Now we're all crying that we have to wait so long but if Nokia sell us an incomplete product we will start the same threads like "Did your N900 ship today" but under title "Did your new software is available today".

Originally Posted by pczerwinski View Post
Exactly. I prefer completed device/software over full of bugs. Now we're all crying that we have to wait so long but if Nokia sell us an incomplete product we will start the same threads like "Did your N900 ship today" but under title "Did your new software is available today".
I personally would rather have the device in my hands right now even if with a few bugs. Wouldn't mind waiting for software updates since I'm already a fan and sold on the N900 regardless.
However for the sake of the N900s reputation and Maemos future, I agree that it is better to release it as more complete, so that the first impact with new maemo users is as smooth as possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dantonic For This Useful Post:

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange