Active Topics

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Thanks VDVsx

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
That's strange but can be another bug .

Please try this command in the X terminal and paste the output here: hildon-im-xkbtool -g
The result is:

Code:
Internal keyboard:
Model: nokiarx51
Layout: dano
Delay: 600
Interval: 50

External keyboard:
Model: nokiasu8w
Layout: us
PS: See also my post #26

It would be very interesting to hear if I am the only one with this problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to filologen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i'd be very interested in a working solution, too. my su-8w is with a friend in germany over the holidays so i can't try ATM, but the keyboard on the n900 makes me want the su-8w more than ever.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by filologen View Post
Thanks again! I have now tried to set the layout, but cannot seem to get it to work. I have e.g. tried to write

Code:
hildon-im-xkbtool -s -l no -m nokiasuw8 -i 50 -d 600 --id=4
and I get the following feedback:

Code:
Applying keymap to Virtual core Keyboard 
Applying keymap to omap_tw14030keypad
Applying keymap to Nokia SU-8W
Applying keymap to Nokia SU-8W
Setting rate for Nokia SU-8W
Set rate for device Nokia SU-8W
But when I thereafter do a

Code:
hildon-im-xkbtool -g
I get the same feedback as before I tried changing the layout, namely

Code:
External keyboard:
Model: nokiasu8w
Layout: US
Not only does the configuration not work, it doesn't even give me the US layout. Instead I get the layout used on the hardware keyboard of the n900 (e.g. German og my own modified Danish depending on what I set the hardware keyboard to).

Any help would be much appreciated!
The hildon-im-xkbtool command seems to do nothing, I also can't modify the layout using this command in maemo5, but the same command works under maemo4.
I also tried to change the model directly via gconf (pc105), it presents the right value, but the keyboard behavior is the same

Originally Posted by WilliePre View Post
Hi,

See the Maemo wiki : Fremantle Unsupported Bluetooth Profiles, on how to enable the bluetoothhd input plugin (HID host).
In order to use a Bluetooth Keyboard.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsu...tooth_profiles
I followed these instructions but still cannot pair my phone with my SU_8W. I tried all key combination when entering the pass key. It pairs nicely with my N810. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Has anyone else noticed bluetooth keyboards not wanting to connect after the update to week 51 firmware?

I've tried reediting the main.conf file but nothing happens.

Actually, looking at the post previous to mine this may have been the week 46 firmware update that did this.

Also does anyone know which file governs whether the connect/disconnect button in the bluetooth settings is enabled? I notice that it is enabled for my computer and my Nokia bluetooth headset but disabled for my BT printer, bt keyboard, wife's phone and garmin gps mouse.

Last edited by olighak; 2010-01-17 at 16:48.

Letters and numbers work rather good, with some odd procedures:

see:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41425

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Has anyone else noticed bluetooth keyboards not wanting to connect after the update to week 51 firmware?

I've tried reediting the main.conf file but nothing happens.

Actually, looking at the post previous to mine this may have been the week 46 firmware update that did this.
I had the same problem, but solved it by doing
Code:
stop bluetoothd
start bluetoothd

Thanks to qobi's help in this post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=27

I also got my Nokia SU-8W to work completely as it should with Danish keyboard layout (see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=31)

I followed one of the links above and I successfully paired the device with the keyboard, disabled the virtual keyboard and it now works. I can access numbers by pressing Alt-gr. However I can't access the right shift key, the '<', '>' and ' symbols.

Originally Posted by jandro View Post
I followed one of the links above and I successfully paired the device with the keyboard, disabled the virtual keyboard and it now works. I can access numbers by pressing Alt-gr. However I can't access the right shift key, the '<', '>' and ' symbols.
I think this is how I did it (do it on your own risk):

1) First copy (as root) the /usr/share/X11/xkb/ directory from chinook to /usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook/ (be careful not to overwrite /usr/share/X11/xkb/). The necessary chinook directory is attached in this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=441444&postcount=3.

2) Then copy (as root) /usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook/geometry/pc to /usr/share/X11/xkb/geometry/ the following way (one line in the terminal):

Code:
cp -i /usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook/geometry/pc /usr/share/X11/xkb/geometry/.
3) Now to get e.g. Danish keyboard layout do the following (not as root, also this is one line in the terminal):

Code:
setxkbmap -device 4 -I -I/usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook -rules base -model nokiasu8w -layout dk
Before it takes effect you might need to press a button on the internal hardware keyboard, then it should work.

Please only do this if you know what all this means.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to filologen For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I might give this a try when I have time or I might wait until the su-8w layout is included in a future software release (bug 6685).