Originally Posted by gawbul View Post
Turn your phone off, then hold down the u key on the N900 keyboard whilst inserting the USB cable until it buzzes and you see the USB icon in top right of screen!

Also, the command is cmd.exe, although cmd should work? Find command prompt in your start menu if not (accessories). Also, the program just flashes up and closes if you don't have administrator priveleges for the program, so right click and run as administrator (in Windows Vista/7 anyway)
I had to flash (was using becomeroot and apt-get, accidentally uninstalled hildon-desktop), and if you have Windows 2000 (I have a old laptop), it is EASY! I, without doing ANYTHING first, went to the lock code afterwards. I tried to change the lock code from 12345, but it said incorrect code. Then I tried my own, old, code, 52597. It worked. I will let you figure that out on your own. [HINT: The code doesn't change.]

P.S. The original code is in the help files on the tablet.
Originally Posted by gawbul View Post
Turn your phone off, then hold down the u key on the N900 keyboard whilst inserting the USB cable until it buzzes and you see the USB icon in top right of screen!

Also, the command is cmd.exe, although cmd should work? Find command prompt in your start menu if not (accessories). Also, the program just flashes up and closes if you don't have administrator priveleges for the program, so right click and run as administrator (in Windows Vista/7 anyway)
I had to flash (was using becomeroot and apt-get, accidentally uninstalled hildon-desktop), and if you have Windows 2000 (I have a old laptop), it is EASY! I, without doing ANYTHING first, went to the lock code afterwards. I tried to change the lock code from 12345, but it said incorrect code. Then I tried my own, old, code, 52597. It worked. I will let you figure that out on your own. [HINT: The code doesn't change.]

P.S. The original code is in the help files on the tablet.

Last edited by wolfs are great!!!; 2010-04-02 at 05:05. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to wolfs are great!!! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by abzzzzy View Post
Hi. i've checked the forums and couldn't find anything. Can someone please tell me the device lock code which comes pre set with the device or how to obtain one ? Thanks...
Wow, Thereīs a manual you know?

Originally Posted by daemonfin View Post
Wow, Thereīs a manual you know?
What do you mean?

Sorry, just woke up Didnīt read right your question...

Originally Posted by daemonfin View Post
Sorry, just woke up Didnīt read right your question...
What do you mean by ''Wow, There's a manual you know?''

Originally Posted by wolfs are great!!! View Post
What do you mean by ''Wow, There's a manual you know?''
I read only "What is the default lock code?" So I said itīs on the manual.

The Following User Says Thank You to daemonfin For This Useful Post:
The default lock code is not in the little manual that comes with the N900. However, it is in the device's help files.

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
done it.. re-flashed it... after taking my dads help..since im not good at using dos.... HONESTLY GUYS.. DONT ****ING MESS WITH THIS ****ING AUTO-LOCK SYSTEM,.....WILL RAPE YOUR WHOLE DAY AND GIVE U A MINI HEART ATTACK...SERIOUSLYYY....DONT MESS WITH IT... THE MAEMO 5 IS NOT GOOD AT LOCKING....THANKSSS TO MY DAD FOR HELPING ME........

AND IF THERE IS ANY POOR GUY OUT WITH THE SAME PROBLEM..TELL ME OR TALK TO MY DAD...WILL HELP YOU FLASH UR PHONE JUST TO THE FACTORY SETTING... NO PASSWORD ANY MORE...
Thank you bro for warning us,just trying to set an password for device lock,as i entered the preset code 12345 as per manual i got incorrect code error message.After going through your reply i don't like to mess with it again.
Did you report to nokia regarding this issue,any other option how can lock the phone.Most of the time when i keep my phone in pocket without my knowledge the phone started dialing-my mobile bils raped mate.!!!!!!!!!!!!!Any ideas pls share guys!!

Originally Posted by emesem View Post
Just read
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37808
And then decide if you go with that or with flashing which will not reset the code, but will not ask for the code. I guess the first one is better, because if everything works well you have your device as it was before. And if it doesn't work out you have to flash it anyway ^^.

My password was still the same after flashing - but the first thing after flashing was installing a backup . So maybe the password came with the backup, but I do believe that it was never reset, like described on the flashing page.

PS: To be clear: I always knew and still know my lock code .

THE FIRST STEP is easy but how do you execute when your mobile is already device locked and what can i do with that file ?

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
done it.. re-flashed it... after taking my dads help..since im not good at using dos.... HONESTLY GUYS.. DONT ****ING MESS WITH THIS ****ING AUTO-LOCK SYSTEM,.....WILL RAPE YOUR WHOLE DAY AND GIVE U A MINI HEART ATTACK...SERIOUSLYYY....DONT MESS WITH IT... THE MAEMO 5 IS NOT GOOD AT LOCKING....THANKSSS TO MY DAD FOR HELPING ME........

AND IF THERE IS ANY POOR GUY OUT WITH THE SAME PROBLEM..TELL ME OR TALK TO MY DAD...WILL HELP YOU FLASH UR PHONE JUST TO THE FACTORY SETTING... NO PASSWORD ANY MORE...
Zikmir i think you really need to help me out ! , my device is locked already, i dont remeber changing my lock code ever since i got it from NOkia. NOW WAT DO I DO?
should i reflash it and then download that .gz file in my n900 and then run that prog ? or wat do i do ? are there any ***kng steps which i can follow ?
Yes m a noob !! so plz help !
thnx a billion !
Cheers