Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
Hmm noticed today when actually trying to play and not just quick test that the SNES emu is lagging for me. When connected to the TV out even more lag.

I did not notice this before so I may have a task using up cpu power I need ot track down. I think Irreco and QTirreco are the only new applications I have installed.

Mario is a good game to play, simple and seems to work 100%. I tried rock & roll racing an old favorite of mine and sadly the background music does not play, it just loops small sounds over and over shame that game is good but the music is one of the best parts

So guess drnoksnes is not a 100% emulator like zsnes that I am familar with on PC.

BTW I tried the "top" command to see if I had my cpu cycles being eaten alive and I cant really make heads or tails out of what I saw as none of the readings had an application name and the list was random from 0 to 80% load and seemed to never end no matter what direction I was scrolling.
There's also the additional randomish lag that using the Wiimote presents. Your inputs are delayed a rather random amount from 5ms up to 200ms, so you will definitely notice yourself running off of platforms in Mario when you could SWEAR you jumped earlier.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I've had enourmous fun with my n900 and wiicontrol - especially with Ur-Quan Masters!

I do notice that sometimes frame skips are increased when using wiicontrol.

What about porting something like cwiid?

Last edited by johnel; 2010-02-01 at 10:25.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
wiicontrol needs a fix so profiles are properly working and drnoksnes too, for dual player support i guess.
Wish i could help but no expertise there.
two players would rock

Use WiiMote as Bluetooth Gamepad or Remote Control (Working with Dr.NokSnes!)

go HERE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, my first post on here, and as you would expect I have a couple of questions.

1. I have drnoksnes and wiicontrol installed but when I try to use the A button as a third fire button on desert strike it doesnt seem to work

and 2. Ive tried to use drnoksnes with the tv out and it works fine apart from the fact theres no sound even though the sound box is checked any ideas?

great site by the way very helpful

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
read this thread mate

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...339#post506339
there is no mention of the sound problem in that link.
any ideas? as i have the same issue.

emu's dont emulate perfectly....

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
emu's dont emulate perfectly....
yeah i realize that.
the sound is fine(ish) in most games when playing on the phone.
but there is no sound at all from drnoksnes when using the tv out, even tho all the other phone sounds continue to work.

just wandered if there is a fix or setting that i can do.

sounds work for me. which game specificly?