Active Topics

The basic issue here is if someone is looking for an "all in one" device or not. My conclusion is that if one wants an all in one then there will be some sacrificing..you can never get the quality of a good digital camera combined with a cellphone for example as opposed to a cell and good dig cam separately..altho recently they are sure getting better and the cams on cellphones are almost acceptable for everyday use. The N800 doesn't really do anything at all that can't be done with other devices..it's just smaller and easier to tote around..isn't that the bottom line? I mean the N800 obviously doesn't have the capabilities of a laptop..but if it's a pain to lug a laptop..so you will sacrifice and use the N800 if it suits the need. Bottom line for me is I don't believe an all in one device is possible in this day and age..the closest thing I have seen that can compete with the N800 and a cellphone combined is the Cingular 8525 (HTC Tytn)..excellent device but who wants to always be tied to such a huge cellphone? So for me I'd rather have my SE810i for my cell needs, and the N800 toy for occasional web needs when I'm in a hotspot. The jury is still out on the N800 though. I've had it for 3 wks now and after the initial "wow this is cool" wore off..it's really just a toy as far as I'm concerned. If you want VOIP mobile..get a SMC skype phone..if you want a mini web machine..get the smallest laptop you can find..etc etc..I would probably send it back to Nokia..but for me it's cheap enough that I don't mind to just have as is..a toy and sometimes useful when a laptop is not around. All comes down to economics I guess and what you really want in your tools and toys. Sorry for rambling..hard to put thoughts and feelings on "paper"...