Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
Hi everyone.
I've taken my N900 out of the rice: its screen has gone from this:

to this:

I've put it in the rice again, what do you think it's going on there?
My N900 got a bath in a local lake. After the rice thing I still got the same stains as your N900. Sometimes the back light switches off by itself. Did the stains ever disappear? I think the stains are dirt between the LCD and the back light.

Originally Posted by nikigo View Post
My N900 got a bath in a local lake. After the rice thing I still got the same stains as your N900. Sometimes the back light switches off by itself. Did the stains ever disappear? I think the stains are dirt between the LCD and the back light.
Feeling sorry for your N900... Unfortunately I think that's different from my case, because it has been under the water completely. First of all: do not use it! You have to keep it without the battery in a dry place or inside the rice for some days, in order not to ruin the internal circuits. If you use it, you do it at your own risk cause you can damage it seriously.

Take a photo of the current screen state if you can, and compare it after 3/4 days for seeing if the rice is working; otherwise you might need some technical intervent.

Good luck

It takes a few days to fully dry out. I dunno why so many people have problems with Invisibleshield though - the installation instructions are pretty simple and I've done it many times before for iPods, Macs, etc.

One place I really don't like sticking them though is touch surfaces. They really mess up the sensitivity of especially capacitive touch surfaces, but also resistive as well due to the spongy orangepeel layer. You can't drag with your nails anymore for example.

I dont know how the full shields are arranged but IMO you should pick a clear shield for the screen. The protection of the Invisibleshield does work though, so for a full shield I would leave the rest on.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i had no probs what so ever applying my full shield over 6 months ago, its still awesome, and touchscreen sensitivity is perfect, id recommend them to everyone

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
No problems here. Zagg shield applied with no issues. Just be carefull nd follow the intstuctions that come with the shield. I had a universal on cut to profile initially but removed it and replaced with an n900 specific one when zagg released them.

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
No problems here with my Zagg. You didn't spray the liquid directly onto the screen when you were applying the shield did you?

Lol, so sad for those who got problems with Zagg.
I applied invisibleshield for my N95-8gb and N900. All look fine.
The problem i got was when i applied it to small place of the phone, it turned to a complicated task then. Why it was that so hard? It is because when you spray the Zagg solution (not water like someone mentioned) under the shield and then place it on the screen in proper place and after that you need and should drag all the solution out. Dont let it contact with the screen in long time.

And dont spray too much solution. my friend used all the bottle for his phone..Lol That is also the culprit for moist. I used 1 bottle for two phone.
However, after applied the zagg, my N95 look very awful. That was a cra*