Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This looks nice, simple, and cheap. I'll probably be in for at least one (Canada), but given my finances (yay university) I'll probably wait and see what the feedback from the first batch is, and whether you are able to make any of the suggested improvements. I'm quite impressed, though, and envious of the laser cutter. 5 Internets to you, sir!

I will take two!

Make my order two as well please (UK). Both black if you can!

Dont know what Nokia were thinking when they designed there stand!

Non slip coating on the bottom would be nice. But I think the right kind of tape of feet like they have on keyboards would work.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Originally Posted by jaem View Post
This looks nice, simple, and cheap. I'll probably be in for at least one (Canada), but given my finances (yay university) I'll probably wait and see what the feedback from the first batch is, and whether you are able to make any of the suggested improvements. I'm quite impressed, though, and envious of the laser cutter. 5 Internets to you, sir!
I totally understand -- I'm a graduate student, too. However, I am going to go ahead and implement these three improvements for the first batch, at the same price previously mentioned:

1. All stands will be painted black unless otherwise requested.
2. All stands will get a non-slip rubber coat on the base.
3. I am going to re-cut the two bottom pieces to make it even more stable when the screen is up/keyboard is out.

While that means essentially trashing most of the first batch, it will be a real improvement and I think people will be a lot happier.

Unfortunately, it means that it will be a few extra days before I ship. At the latest, I hope to ship Friday the 12th, but I hope I can ship much sooner than that.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
I'm all in! definately would like 2! can you send a pm when they're ready to go with paypal?

I will collect the names of everyone who expressed interest and PM the moment they are ready. I will also add a list of all reserved stands to the first post, and check them off as they are shipped.

I'm going to remake them tonight, and paint and coat them with non-slip rubber, and then I'm just waiting for my envelopes to arrive so I can ship them.

Unfortunately, the estimated arrival date for my shipping envelopes is Friday the 12th. I ordered from a guy in a nearby city, and he actually ordered them from south California, so the shipping is taking FOREVER. Totally bummed about that.

I'm going to try to find some envelopes of the right size locally tomorrow, so I can get them off sooner, but no guarantees.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Hey, I want a bunch! Recutting to make keyboard snap did it for me. Typing with N900 laying down is a mess.

Make me five of those. Ship to Sweden. If envelopes takes five days, then buy one from the shipper and put it on my bill.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Would like to be the first woman to show interest in your stand,
looks fabulous and maybe I want a black and a pink one (LOL)....

would like to hear from you and will continue to keep an eye on this and see how it develops.

Keep up the good work !!!

Originally Posted by Palleman View Post
Hey, I want a bunch! Recutting to make keyboard snap did it for me. Typing with N900 laying down is a mess.

Make me five of those. Ship to Sweden. If envelopes takes five days, then buy one from the shipper and put it on my bill.
Cool!

When I complete the new version, I will post revised pictures and a video showing typing and stuff so you can be sure you are satisfied.

I am testing a silicone rubber non-slip coating now. The only downside is that it takes almost 12 hours to set up. But I think it's going to be perfect for glass desks, or desks with any smooth surface.

If it doesn't work, I will find something else tomorrow and make it work! I can hardly wait to ship these babies out.

Originally Posted by mscarrot View Post
Would like to be the first woman to show interest in your stand,
looks fabulous and maybe I want a black and a pink one (LOL)....

would like to hear from you and will continue to keep an eye on this and see how it develops.

Keep up the good work !!!
Black is the new pink! Is that pink enough?

(gonna look around for some pink paint, ha!).

As I said, I will post progress pictures and images, so everyone can see exactly what they're buying... I really want everyone to be really happy with the end product. And I think they will be.

Tags
accessory, acrylic, awesome!, complex pricing structure, holder, inexpensive, n900, n900 stand, stand, stay in school!!!, wood