Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
Originally Posted by ahynes1 View Post
For more on this check out
Building Virtual Worlds on the #N900
I did a look at it and i say don't give up . I'm looking for a secondlife/opensim viewer for mobile devices long time ago now, and i know i'm not alone with this.
BTW why did you not tried a simple text based viewer first?

The Following User Says Thank You to Necc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
Sorry for double posting and making off post but i did not wanted to start a new topic for this.

Today i just found a mobile grid client witch works with both secondlife and opensim:

http://www.mobilegridclient.com/

It is made for android, and it hopefully runs under nitdroid (not tested personally).

The only disadvantage is that you need to pay 250L$ per month to use it (that's approx 1USD per month).

Youtube video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z98Tl...layer_embedded

Just tried to launch one of my old assignment c# apps just for fun. xD

Had to recompile for 3.5 framework + there is a problem with graphics redraw.
Attached Images

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Just tried to launch one of my old assignment c# apps just for fun. xD

Had to recompile for 3.5 framework + there is a problem with graphics redraw.
I wrote my first Smartcam M5 version in C#/Mono, moved over to C++ to save 25mb worth of dependencies, though.

Originally Posted by azkay View Post
I wrote my first Smartcam M5 version in C#/Mono, moved over to C++ to save 25mb worth of dependencies, though.
and c++ is faster.

Is there any chance this might be made to work on the N8x0? I can see there's a diablo folder, but those debs depend on libs of a version that are later than the current diablo distro has available:

mono-runtime: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.2.1) but 1:3.4.4cs2005q3.2-5.osso8 is installed
Depends: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.20.0) but 2.12.12-1osso13 is installed

I'm trying to create a very simple client-server application using WCF on mono framework.
I created a server application with a single echo method that prints a message to the console and a client with a reference to the server that calls the method.

If both client and server applications are on the N900, everything is fine, but if the client application runs from my laptop (after changing the IP address to point to the n900's ip address of course) I get the following exception in the client:
System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException was unhandled
Message=Could not connect to net.tcp://192.168.1.100:4050/AgentServices. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:01.6630951. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.100:4050.

If the server however is on the laptop, a client from the n900 can call it and it works fine.

Using remoting it works fine.

[update] it seems that when both client an server applications are on the n900 they work fine if the client is set to endpoint "localhost" but not if it is set to the n900's ip address - then I get:

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect (System.Net.IPEndPoint remote_end_point) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect (System.Net.IPAddress[] ipAddresses, Int32 port) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Is there an issue with mono that prevents incoming TCP connections to a WCF service?

Last edited by impeham; 2011-11-12 at 02:14.