Active Topics

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Nantes (France)
Originally Posted by 9a6or View Post
Yes, I think I reported the same thing first in this thread. This happens only if I release the power button close to the 1000ms (or whatever is specified in the file). My solution is to keep it pushed for a bit longer and this prevents the brief comeback of the screen.
Thank you! I'll try this.
http://blog.lmartin.fr

Originally Posted by mbm View Post
wrote a quickk script to do a real suspend when the screen turns off
http://mbm.openwrt.org/n800/suspend.sh
Hmmm...I've just tried your script (v.1.3) on my N810 (running Chinook 2007-50.2). It seems to suspend the tablet just fine, and pressing the power (|) key reactivates the display. Unfortunately, after suspending, all other keys--the hardware keyboard, the D-pad, the Menu button, the Home and Escape buttons--are disabled. After pressing the power button, I can tap on the screen, but cannot do anything else.

Since I ran suspend.sh from a full-screen X-terminal window, I cannot close the window or change to another application, so I'm forced to reboot.

Have you seen this kind of behavior, and do you know of a fix or other method for suspending the tablet?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by 9a6or View Post
Yes, I think I reported the same thing first in this thread. This happens only if I release the power button close to the 1000ms (or whatever is specified in the file). My solution is to keep it pushed for a bit longer and this prevents the brief comeback of the screen.
<Pedantic remark warning!!>

The Itablets recognize three types of presses on the ON/OFF button: shortkeypress, mediumkeypress and longkeypress. I'd advize not to mess too much with the mediumkeypress timing; weird things tend to happen...

I fixed this problem by installing powerlaunch. Now I can set it to sleep and wake it up with the power button . I'm using a n800 with os2008, don't know if it works with os2007. Got the deb from this thread. The maker of powerlaunch posted some info there as well.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-03-03 at 19:30.

MAJOR ISSUE:
1) The clock gets suspedet as well. I found that the clock shows the same time as before suspend.
2) Looks like usb has problems. couldn't mount neither sd card. something did show up with n800 or nokia in the name but not mountable, fixed with reboot.

Question: How come people chaarge iit only every couple days but my device barelly survives a day?
Background:
I chargee during the day if use a lott or have to avoid using it if I know I won't havve power till evening.
I've increased battery live by disabling metacrawler (hack).
Leaving programs (like dictinary and browser) open drains power even when not inn use.
Swap sems to cause more power consumtion also.
Even bright screen is a luctury which I can't afford.
I read that things likke wifi don't use much power because of the excellent power saving (10 days when idle 7h when in use).
But that doesn't seem true at all!

I charge it every day; but I use it at least 5 hours a day. And I charge all the time, just in case.
WiFi doesn't use much power, if you leave it connected to a stable connection, doing nothing. Connection drops and subsequent scans are bad, so make sure you have it set not to scan automatically. Are you running the RSS reader? it's said to be bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Thanks benson. Maybe I'm just a really heavy user. It is my main computer right now.

Is gtalk take much power? It is trying to reconnect most of the time because it looses connection to the account (wi-fi is fine and stable).

Anything can be done about time stopping in suspend? It is really usefull feature when I know i'm not going to use the tablet for a while but I can't set clock every time i use it.

The problems turns out is that system time is not updated but harware time is fine.
This can be fixed by syncing system time to hwclock. on n800 it is donnee using:
/mnt/initfs/usr/bin/retutime --system-from-rtc

Adding the line to suspend.sh solves that problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cool_guy For This Useful Post:
I'd like to swithch the power button actions around, i.e.:
long key press - call menu
short key press - softpoweroff

It was easy in the original nokia's system but it doesn't lock keys.
In the powerlaunch I'm not sure about syntax.

The idea is to put device to softpoweroff as powerlaunch doess (and suspend if script runing) on single short key press and get it back the same way. If I need the menu I keep the button down longer.

On the other hand it would be satisfactory if the power menu would stop from reapearing after going back from softpoweroff

Last edited by cool_guy; 2008-04-10 at 07:37.

alternatively it would sufficient to stop the power menu from reapering after returning frrom softpoweeroff whenn using powerrlaunch