Originally Posted by jaem View Post
You're missing the point of the problem. The service no longer operates, ergo you can't download maps from them. If you delete your maps (or reflash without a backup), then you can be annoyed at them for pulling the map downloads, but you can't blame them for the fact that you deleted the copy you had. "When in doubt, backup" is pretty standard doctrine.
i am pretty sure you can find the maps on the internet some where. a torrent or something has got to be floating around

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
problem is sygic is only available to europe and north america. Not in australia and new zealand.
thats not what i hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
thats not what i hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is an email i received from them

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately Sygic is only running on Maemo 5 and we don’t plan to be compatible with Maemo 4 in future.

In case of any questions and feedbacks, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for contacting support and for your interest in our products.

Best regards,

Matus Cipak

SYGIC Technical Support

The Following User Says Thank You to yukop4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
i am pretty sure you can find the maps on the internet some where. a torrent or something has got to be floating around
That's not his problem. His problem is his activation key.

I don't know why his problem is our problem. I bought Navicore when it was first available for the N800 even posted a review here I believe. Then it came with a lifetime licence. Once it became Wayfinder the licence was reduced to 3 years. Wayfinder did nothing about it then and most people learned that it was a POS company. It wasn't Nokia's problem then or this forums. It ism't now either.

If dude needs to vent, let him vent. Unless you have a solution leave him alone.

That's all I got. The app was crap + the only update was to change the name and the license terms and add a little green heart as I recall. That was it. The maps and POI's are the same as the day I bought it.

They got me for $149 at the time.

BTW, I have reflashed my N800 and N810 a lot of times and never have had to contact their server. The key was in the back-up data files.

SLN member # 009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
a warning to all n900 buyers-before maemo 5 -which is the software on the n900 there was maemo 4 and the internet tablets n810 n800 and going back further the n770

one of the main selling points of the tablets was the gps function-wayfinder provided the maps but then last month wayfinder was closed down by vodafone and suddenly with no prior warning to tablet owners gps does not work-no support
N900 comes with Ovi Maps preinstalled, not Wayfinder.
Complaining about some third party closing service on other company community forum is total nonsense.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
That's not his problem. His problem is his activation key.

I don't know why his problem is our problem. I bought Navicore when it was first available for the N800 even posted a review here I believe. Then it came with a lifetime licence. Once it became Wayfinder the licence was reduced to 3 years. Wayfinder did nothing about it then and most people learned that it was a POS company. It wasn't Nokia's problem then or this forums. It ism't now either.

If dude needs to vent, let him vent. Unless you have a solution leave him alone.

That's all I got. The app was crap + the only update was to change the name and the license terms and add a little green heart as I recall. That was it. The maps and POI's are the same as the day I bought it.

They got me for $149 at the time.

BTW, I have reflashed my N800 and N810 a lot of times and never have had to contact their server. The key was in the back-up data files.
oh well

win some lose some still it is a pity because the unit worked well for me especially on a day to day basis as a business tool

nokia made an excellent produst but the software has always been a problem

The Following User Says Thank You to yukop4 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
Unfortunately Sygic is only running on Maemo 5 and we don’t plan to be compatible with Maemo 4 in future.
Ouch, that sounds much more final than the previous response to this :-(

iphone sleeper cell activated

Last edited by andraeseus1; 2010-04-20 at 13:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
How is spreading FUD a solution to anything ?
I have an N810. I am going to visit Italy soon. I open maps application, see Italy in the list of available maps (as I knew it will be when I bought the device). I try to download this map, and get "Network error", instead of a map.

Nokia got my money already. Nokia does not provide the service they got the money for. I warn other people not to trust Nokia with their money. How does Nokia not deserve this bad publicity?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

what is fud

Tags
enough., fanbois, fightinfanbois, fud, opinion=fanboi, trolling, whydoievenreply