Notices

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Thanks, guys

It was surprise for me too that XOrg on N8x0 supports XComposite and XRender extensions, which make possible fast capturing of thumbnails and updating them in realtime. Btw, it should be realtime, but it depends on XServer, which sends messages to Telescope every time contents of windows is changed. I think it is useful feature of Telescope - i can press Home key just to glance on other windows' contents to see if there any updates.

Btw, more functions for hardware buttons are coming soon!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Potential Bug:

1) Launch the game "Vulture's Eye" (available in Extras)
2) Once you are past the opening screens press the key to switch to Telescope
3) The game doesn't show in Telescope
4) Switch to the desktop and it doesn't show there either
5) And this is where it gets weird...I was closing down some other application and suddenly, hours later, there was the game.running at the same place I left it - still not visible on the desktop or in Telescope.
I had to manually kill the process.

Even though it's just one game it might be the sign of something 'bigger' that should be addressed.

Love telescope (see my screenshot in the 'Show off your screenshots (Diablo 2-4 thread) :-)
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-04-30 at 04:28.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Does Telescope support screens that use Xkbd, widgets and Xmms?

I should have some time to check this out over the weekend.

It looks too cool to pass up on!

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Yes, telescope doesn't work with any SDL applications for now. Same behavior is with fheroes2. This is already in buglist. Actually, native diablo taskswitcher doesn't work with them too You will not see Vulture's Eye or fheroes in native taskswitcher. Same story with unusual windows, like Xmms or Xkbd. I have not checked, but i think telescope wont work with them too. I need to learn how to work with such windows
Silvermountain, Very neat screenshots

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Tried out Telescope. I've got mixed feelings however...

The app itself is awesome, with the realtime updates and such, but my feeling (after a few days usage) is that it drains my battery fast. Is it just me?

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Any chance on getting Telescope to match the current theme your using, or anyway to theme telescope? I'm working on porting my maemo-org theme from Maemo5 and would like the close buttons and all on telescope to match it.

Also any way on doing a menu simular to Maemo5?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by Alister View Post

The app itself is awesome, with the realtime updates and such, but my feeling (after a few days usage) is that it drains my battery fast. Is it just me?
I'm using it since yesterday, so I can't comment that much on this, yet. I had three microB windows and FBReader running at night and the battery hadn't drained much the next day.
Did you have Tear running in the background? I suspect that Tear drains the battery as I had a problem the other day with a drained battery after having Tear running at night. I switched back to microB, did some tweaks and found out that microB ist faster anyway, except at Javascript, which I have disabled and only enable it selectively through the config script on sites that really need it.

The Following User Says Thank You to derhorst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England

I've been running Telescope for two days, and been off power for close to an 8 hour stretch each day, connected to my phone via BT, and with Mauku, and email checking every 5-10 minutes, and my battery has held up fine, and actually better than I would have expected. Today I have had Canola playing mp3s for most of the day, and managed at least 6 hours on a charge.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

I just checked, you can even watch youtube vids fullspeed in thumbnail view
Btw, I applied Brontide's multitasking kernel tweaks, maybe it helps to let it perform so good.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...

Nope, have seen no negative impact on power usage.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Tags
diablo, maemo4, n800, n810, telescope