Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
yeah takes up too much cpu. shame as i really liked it aswell

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
I like the fact that Nokia created a widget, but like the Facebook widget, there does not seem to be any evidence of major thought or utility with the design. It looks pretty, but accomplishes nothing:

The widget displays (recentish) tweets. Every so often the widget scrolls to a new message.
  • Can I scroll up or down the messages (particularly if a tweet just caught my attention). No
  • Does clicking on a tweet allow me to reply or RT? No. (clicking on the widget causes the browser to open m.twitter.com)
  • Can I change the logic for how tweets are displayed? No.

So far, the widget is displaying tweets and mentions I received several months ago. This widget will not be on my desktop for long.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
i had the problem of heavy cpu usage today also, had to uninstall app. 100% cpu usage near enough permanently

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Yea. I was looking at conky and it kept taking at least 90% of my CPU. Logging in and out was also a bit buggy. I did like the ability to tweet from the desktop though
If this is really the case with clean N900 then i would say that maemo.org extras probably has better quality control than Nokia No thatīs wrong I meant :| no actually this is sad

Originally Posted by slender View Post
If this is really the case with clean N900 then i would say that maemo.org extras probably has better quality control than Nokia No thatīs wrong I meant :| no actually this is sad
The developer is a Nokia employee. I wonder if we could email the bugs to him

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Dunsurfin View Post
I like the fact that Nokia created a widget, but like the Facebook widget, there does not seem to be any evidence of major thought or utility with the design. It looks pretty, but accomplishes nothing:

The widget displays (recentish) tweets. Every so often the widget scrolls to a new message.
  • Can I scroll up or down the messages (particularly if a tweet just caught my attention). No
  • Does clicking on a tweet allow me to reply or RT? No. (clicking on the widget causes the browser to open m.twitter.com)
  • Can I change the logic for how tweets are displayed? No.

So far, the widget is displaying tweets and mentions I received several months ago. This widget will not be on my desktop for long.
... it's a real shame this widget isn't better ... it's great being able to tweet straight from the desktop, but at the very least it needs a reply function, and the ability to scroll through messages (or jump to the newest tweet at least!)

Uninstalled as well, it works randomly... I didn't have any CPU issue though.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Got the 100% load bug too, removed it from my desktop for the time.

I wonder if this uses the API or OAuth to retrieve and post tweets (as well as log into twitter), if it's the former the widget will stop working in June.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pakistan
i cant find it :S

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by aliirz View Post
i cant find it :S
I checked this morning, In the Ovi Store click on Search:
  • Type in "Twitter."
  • Click on the Search button.
  • Select "Twitter Widget"

It is still there.