Posts: 25 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucharest, Romania
I wasn't able to download one single map. The download is horrendously slow and then justs aborts at around 10% saying that the connection to the server was lost.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by silviumc View Post
I wasn't able to download one single map. The download is horrendously slow and then justs aborts at around 10% saying that the connection to the server was lost.
I'd use Map Loader to download maps. Much less buggy (just don't download voices; that'll mess you up).

Not a pretty all-in-one solution, but it works.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
This whole thread sounds like
Epic Nokia Fail

Last edited by mmurfin87; 2010-06-24 at 14:39. Reason: Changed font size from 7 to 6 to reduce post annoyingness by 17%

The Following User Says Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Tried the new version to sync between my N900, N95, OVI Suite, OVI, and Thunderbird.

Didn't turn out well.

Syncing the N900 to OVI Suite seems to duplicate come of my contacts (could this be the N900 syncing the un-merged contacts?), and when the sync goes the other way, it removed (admittedly with a confirmation) all of IM contact information from all my contacts (that's 200+ Facebook/Jabber/MSN entries).

That's quite a big problem. Either the N900 needs to properly merge IM-generated contacts into a single contact, or syncing needs to work with the merged contact, with updated fields working in the same way as they do when edited manually.

The syncing seems incomprehensible at times....contacts with the same name and phone number appear multiples times. That's pretty basic stuff!

....and don't get me started on the Thunderbird syncing. I get one sync before I then have to do another sync with it disabled before I can sync to Thunderbird again....and when it does I get even more duplicated contacts. *sigh*

Come on Nokia, phone numbers & email addresses are fairly unique items!

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB

Support Personnel? I need to hire people to help me install this **** now?
Best part is, if i try to uninstall the old beta from my add/remove programs first (or whatever it's called in windows 7) it just launches the installer for the new one and fails to install again.
Oh, I only had to hit ignore twice, and now it's installed "successfully".
Well, I'm going to hook up my phone later and see if I can accidentally successfully screw up all the contacts or something sweet.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Caracas/Venezuela
Well, i must say that the application is in the right track. Why? because its not like the older version where i have to install every single program leading to many icons, space, etc....It reminds me a buggy version of Itunes.

BUT there are many things that are just way too wrong:

Ill try to make a list of the bugs i've found.

HOME:
-There is no direct link to sync Calendar/notes.
-As mentioned before, messages sync not working.

CONTACTS:
-Not syncing all the contacts
-Same problem with the merged contacts

PHOTOS:
-Its a pain to find a photo, it takes hours to refresh the images
-There is no way to search for a photo

MAPS:
-Unable to download a map
-The Device has to be connected to download the map.

MUSIC:
-It's possible to search for an album/artist, but it's not possible to search for a specific song.
-There is no functional player. When i start to play a song its almost impossible to stop it! You have to find the song that is playing, right-click it and then stop. Come on, is it to hard to add the basic player buttons?
-LOL, i found the pause button, it is placed after the name of the song in the right bottom corner. When the song name is too long, it disappears. Still no back, forward buttons...
-There is no shuffle, repeat, or any other basic player's function.
-The Sync process is kind of dumb, it does not realize the songs you already have in the device.

CALENDAR:
-There is no included calendar.
-When you sync Tasks to the N900, it is not possible to see the Categories you have in Outlook (it would be nice to have the same colors).
-Its not possible to sync more then one calendar/tasks

Well, these are my complains, but i most say i am kind of happy to have at least an app to connect my n900.

Last edited by seridyan; 2010-06-25 at 04:12.

They just released this so you can transfer to MeeGo device later.

Look at MeeGo development milestone, everything is so clear, with dates announced and so on. Look at the consistency and team, it's totally big difference with Maemo, where the best example is PR1.2

http://maemoarena.com/2010/06/meego-...ilds/#more-966

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post

Support Personnel? I need to hire people to help me install this **** now?
Best part is, if i try to uninstall the old beta from my add/remove programs first (or whatever it's called in windows 7) it just launches the installer for the new one and fails to install again.
Oh, I only had to hit ignore twice, and now it's installed "successfully".
Well, I'm going to hook up my phone later and see if I can accidentally successfully screw up all the contacts or something sweet.
I love it, call your support personnel.....

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I must say that I am most pleassantly surprised with this update of the Ovi Suite.

Finally I can sync contacts from my N900 to the net and so finally I can start living the dream of not being constricted to the contacts on my SIM-card. Okay, it still has its hitches but all in all I'm really impressed now.

Viewing pictures wasn't too bad either and the option to easily share them to the Ovi Share service was really easy and quick.

A great step of progress!

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZShakespeare View Post
Be aware that if you use it to sync your contacts, the IM account information will be stripped from them, and the next time you go online your IM contacts will be duplicated again. You will need to re merge them.
I have to re-merge every time I reboot anyway. For some reason my contacts NEVER stay merged. I'd really like to know why.