Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
What class microSD do you have?
Class 2 card. But that's not the point: nitdroid runs slow on the same card but usable

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Class 2 card. But that's not the point: nitdroid runs slow on the same card but usable
It matters a lot when you run real Linux I would recommend at least class 4.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
Sorry to insist, it is possible that someone made a small video Meego 1.1 for N900? its be really nice.
Thanks.

My card is a 4GB and say class 6. It still is unbelievably slow. When connecting to internet, the touch screen keyboard blacks out. Terminal isn't working, although I can see it when it is "minimized" running in the background. When booting it starts all black after a minute with the usual text, and take several minutes before it does anything.

I tried it a month or so ago, and it worked better back then than it does now. I have the dual boot kernel (from Nitdroid) installed, could that in any way have an effect on this? (I believe not, but my experience with MeeGo on the N900 is abysmal, not at all encouraging as some describe it).

Edit: I have to add that Nitdroid runs completely fluent from my card, so I don't believe my card is slow.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
My card is a 4GB and say class 6. It still is unbelievably slow. When connecting to internet, the touch screen keyboard blacks out. Terminal isn't working, although I can see it when it is "minimized" running in the background. When booting it starts all black after a minute with the usual text, and take several minutes before it does anything.

I tried it a month or so ago, and it worked better back then than it does now.
First boot is always slow due to sreadahead picking up data and tracker indexing the sample media. But you're right, things are slower than they should be.

We suspect there's a MMC performance problem in the 2.6.35 kernel on OMAP3, not so much the distro itself.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
since it not for end user it no probem if its uber slow, right?

videos for the less adveturous would be really good.

On a side note, for anyone with the latest build, are you able to change wallpapers and/or themes if any exist?

Yes can someone please post a video of this for the noobs?
and please dont say me, "you should" .. i would i dont know how to install it and besdies no micro sd.

Thanks

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Viny View Post
Yes can someone please post a video of this for the noobs?
and please dont say me, "you should" .. i would i dont know how to install it and besdies no micro sd.

Thanks
It'll record one tomorrow night although there's no much to see anyway...

The Following User Says Thank You to damnshock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
guys... just search for "n900 meego video" there are at least 100 out there

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.