Active Topics

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So... what have we learned?
The people at Nokia can't Drive a spaceship

The Following User Says Thank You to DaReaper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So... what have we learned?
shoot, wish i knew before that there was going to be a test, will pay more attention nect time

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Joke time:

Some says the next Nokia N-Series will be powered by an Intel CPU, some say the Nokia N9 will be powered by Intel Pentium 4 new 32nm processor and have 128MB of Share graphic memory with the 256MB of RAM provided by Nokia DDR3 and 2048MB of SWAP. The OS will taking care of 150MB of RAM and GPU taking 128MB. Well that mean nothing will be left for anything to run hahah.

Bravo Nokia!! Your highest RAM count ever is 240MB (rounded up to 256MB in N900 + SWAP) in 2010, whereas the others already increased their RAM count to 512-756MB in 2010. Let's be honest about it! 2011 RAM count for Nokia will be somewhat 1year behind the rest of the competitors, Nokia device will always have lower RAM, underpowered and buggy.

I'm guessing N9 would be lucky to have 512MB of RAM, not to be offensive but Nokia you sux! Bring out 1024MB of RAM in your device FFS I would love a device that over powered than underpowered!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Believe it not. It's only 363 day left!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
hell yeah.362 days left!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
And this thread should've been finished 36 posts ago

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
sry but im tooooo raped from yesterday to post something useful
You should call the local authorities if you've been raped.

Bravo Nokia!! Your highest RAM count ever is 240MB (rounded up to 256MB in N900 + SWAP) in 2010, whereas the others already increased their RAM count to 512-756MB in 2010. Let's be honest about it!
Indeed. Bravo for optimizing modern mobile OSes to run on less than 256MB of ram. Get real man, just because a phone has more ram doesn't mean dick. My N79 was the fastest damn phone I've ever owned and it ran on a 320Mhz two-generations-ago ARM processor and 96 megs of ram. Never ran out of memory, never hit any major slow downs.

Last edited by mattbutsko; 2011-01-03 at 20:18.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
Some people need to get over of the specs on the paper. Ipad got 256mb of RAM and it's fastest tablet on the market.

Though i agree that Nokia's MeeGo tablet and phone got lots to prove and this isn't the time to be cheap, but i could care less if it got 521mb of RAM or 4GB of RAM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
there seems to be a new handset development phone at maemo.com
based on intel chipset, I hope it is not nokias new flagship... but it could be so cause it name is Ncdk (or maybe its a tablet? who knows) Icdk is the Ava one...

Atleast I havent seen Ncdk before? anyone who knows about it?

http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.2/

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by DaReaper View Post
The people at Nokia can't Drive a spaceship
While the Apple and Google people panic and war amongst themselves, Nokia feels that they've got the solution to distance themselves from their competition and save the day!

Introducing Nokia all new Golgafrincham brand of devices starting with the B series Ark tablet!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
best of 2011, douchebaggery, douchethread, fud fud fap fap, how to quote, i need drugs, wait for meego!, what is n9?, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz