Active Topics

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Hi Pali,

Regarding this comment from you:

What about package/plugin status-area-applet-battery ( http://maemo.org/packages/view/statu...pplet-battery/ )? Is there any chance to replace (or fix) this applet to read bq27x00 info when bme is stopped? With source code of this applet will be simple to write patch, but it is closed...

You can check with Smoku, as he's working on a replacement for the widget in the Cordia project:
http://gitorious.org/cordia/cordia-status-plugins

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by pali View Post
See: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=983930&postcount=5
All expect patched wl12xx module.
Framebuffer active ?

Yes this build include framebuffer modules. Load it with: modprobe fbcon

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
i cant install the packages.

erros message comes up with broken package.

is there a way to geht only the fbcon module into da normal kernel-power?

Greetz
Erazor

btw Thx for your work

//edit:
got it. there was a corrupted download ^^
but fbcon doesnt show me the commandlines on boot.

is there anything else i have to do?

modprobe already done

Last edited by Erazor; 2011-04-17 at 23:23.

Downloading now...
When can we expect lkp's patches pali?

Interesting effect of the patch. The battery temp reads 346. Am assuming my battery temp is not 346 Degrees
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Erazor View Post
but fbcon doesnt show me the commandlines on boot.

is there anything else i have to do?

modprobe already done
after modprobe fbcon framebuffer console is actived. This is not permanent, after reboot you need modprobe it again.

If you want to see kernel output when booting, you need to modify preinit script (or add modprobe command to /boot.sh)

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Downloading now...
When can we expect lkp's patches pali?
I do not know now. It is not simple to integrate wireless-testing patches to power-kernel...

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Interesting effect of the patch. The battery temp reads 346. Am assuming my battery temp is not 346 Degrees
And who told you this value?? bq27x00_battery module export temperature value to file /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp in tenths of degree Celsius (kernel modules must export value in this unit - it is defined in kernel doc!). So if you read 346 from this file, temperature of your battery is 34.6 °C

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Hi Pali, your work is very much appreciated.

Have you considered to request being the maintainer for Kernel Power? You could promote v46 to Extras Testing (I thing it's pretty stable and almost everyone is using it) and upload a new v47 to Devel.

I'm actually using a custom Power Kernel with the Bleeding Edge Wifi drivers so having them included in upstream package will be very nice.

Originally Posted by pali View Post
after modprobe fbcon framebuffer console is actived. This is not permanent, after reboot you need modprobe it again.

If you want to see kernel output when booting, you need to modify preinit script (or add modprobe command to /boot.sh)

I do not know now. It is not simple to integrate wireless-testing patches to power-kernel...

And who told you this value?? bq27x00_battery module export temperature value to file /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp in tenths of degree Celsius (kernel modules must export value in this unit - it is defined in kernel doc!). So if you read 346 from this file, temperature of your battery is 34.6 °C
Ahh excellent. The old version of the module wrote to that file the value in whole Deg C not tenths. Thanks for the info.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Hi Pali, your work is very much appreciated.

Have you considered to request being the maintainer for Kernel Power? You could promote v46 to Extras Testing (I thing it's pretty stable and almost everyone is using it) and upload a new v47 to Devel.

I'm actually using a custom Power Kernel with the Bleeding Edge Wifi drivers so having them included in upstream package will be very nice.
If more people test my builds and there will be no problems I could ask devs. about updating kernel-power package in extras-devel.

So please test by builds if all works fine and which other (usbhost) modules you need to compile...

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Ahh excellent. The old version of the module wrote to that file the value in whole Deg C not tenths. Thanks for the info.
See this for more info about battery status:
directory /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/
file /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/uevent
output from command: lshal -u /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_power_supply_battery_bq27200_0

I think this is all what is possible to know about battery (from bq chip datasheet).

I wrote patch for opensource battery-widget which read battery state from bq driver: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=674

It show battery state when usb hostmode is active too

Last edited by pali; 2012-07-27 at 06:42.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou