Active Topics

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
The problem is that in this moment the 001 repository has PR1.2 packages but Personal's has PR1.1. If you run theses commands you will break your system.

Last time I reflashed my phone, I had to change 001 for another PR1.1 repository with all packages available.

I recommend you wait until your official PR1.2 upgrade.

aguto93: I’ve installed nfc using 001 repository, before PR1.2 was released. When app updates (facebook, twitter and accounts) were released my system began to present some incompatibility issues and I became unable to login in any service. Tech support decided to replace my terminal since this issue it’s only fixed with PR1.2 and now I have a new N9 with PR 1.1 and 348 repository, with Wi-Fi Hotspot, Skype, AP Mobile and Track & Protect pre-installed. NFC remains hidden and can’t be modified using the previous work-around since you can’t access as root.

El nfc se instalaba con el repositorio 001, antes que saliera el PR1.2. De todas formas, cuando salieron las últimas actualizaciones para las aplicaciones de Facebook, Twitter y Cuentas, mi sistema tuvo problemas de incompatibilidad que provocaron que no pueda acceder correctamente a ningún servicio. Estuve a punto de reflashear mi telefono pero opté por ir al servicio técnico y como este problema solo se soluciona con el PR1.2, optaron por cambiar mi equipo. Mi nuevo N9 tiene el PR1.1 y trae Wi-Fi Hotspot, Skype, AP Mobile y Track & Protect preinstalados. El repositorio es el 348, y no tiene NFC… lamentablemente no lo puedo habilitar como antes porque no puedo acceder como root. Espero que Personal decida algún día beneficiarnos con el PR1.2 para poder actualizar el Gtalk y usar la cámara frontal, hasta entonces tendremos que armarnos de paciencia.

Last week Claro released its PR1.2 version, so I think anytime soon Personal will be releasing its own upgrade.

La semana pasada salió el PR1.2 para Claro, así que Personal debe estar por lanzar su actualización.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
I'm from Argentina and it's easier to simply change the product code to a non-carrier one, and then flash with NSU. You get all the features missing including more like Track and Protect.

And you get all software updates the day they come out! (I installed PR1.2 the same day it came out)

----

Si sos de Argentina lo más fácil es cambiar el "product code" por uno genérico sin operador, y después flashear con NSU. Se obtiene todo lo que falta incluido algunas cosas más como Track and Protect, y se pierden los molestos logos y personalizaciones del operador.

Y te llegan todas las actualizaciones el día que salen! (Desde febrero que ya tengo PR1.2)

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Last edited by Hambert; 2012-04-24 at 23:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hambert For This Useful Post:
Hambert,

The problem is that you void your warranty. You know how our local companies are.

By the way, do you know how the "Track and Protect" packages are called? It would be trivial to install it as we installed Skype and the other services.

---

El problema es que dejas sin efecto la garantía. Sabés cómo son las empresas locales.

Ya que estamos, ¿sabés cómo se llaman los paquetes de "Track and Protect"? Sería muy fácil instalarlo, tal como se hace con Skype y los demás servicios.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Yes, that's a risk i took, but i think the benefits are higher than the risks.
I don't know the package names, hopefully someone does. It's a nice feature and you feel more "safe".

--------

Si, es un riesgo que tomé, pero sinceramente los beneficios y comodidades lo valen, y no creo que en caso de una falla de hard vayan a ver si le cambiaste o no el soft ni mucho menos el product code. En el mejor de los casos si es algo tonto como una pieza defectuosa pienso que le podès poner el code viejo.

No se el nombre el paquete, espero que alguien lo sepa. Es una característica muy buena y te hace sentir algo más "seguro".

Un saludo

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Well, I just installed Track & Protect in my 'restricted' N9.

It was as simple as installing tnpclient from the 001 repository.

I will update the opening post.

Thanks for leading me to this app.

Have any of you gotten messageKeys instead of correct labels? I have my N9 in Español(America Latina) and Configuracion now dsiplays !! Settings

I assume you had PR1.2 before trying these solutions.

If that is the case, then it is because some errors while installing language packages. You should try running once more:

Code:
apt-get -y install l10n-app*
In case your still are in PR1.1, then you will need to reflash your original PR1.1 and wait until PR1.2 to try again.

Last edited by alephito; 2012-04-26 at 16:40.

Do i have to flash with Personal version? do you know where to get it?, Thanks.