Closed Thread
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Gazza_d check the folders on mem card are not all inside one called mnt and also. Tar xjvvpf

edit: doesnt really matter anyway as it doesnt boot too well (LOADSSS of force closes - all because of google apps not being the 2.0 versions, am downloading the nexus one gapps now to merge in

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-04-10 at 09:41.

ok thought id add this update since it looks highly promising if it works when i test.

have got bluetooth on 1.6 to see my bt speakers and connect quite hapily to them, so once i get music app to see the music on my sd card im going to be testing the sound output over BT, most likely will not work though

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-04-11 at 12:09.

UPDATE: IT WORKS!! i have A2DP support working, this thing plays audio more stable than my g1 does over BT :S
youtube video going up shortly

EDIT: video uploading as i type. device is still hapily playing music also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZBzBOSgV_g << once youtube processes it

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-04-11 at 12:34.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Don't ask me why Steve, but your Eclair build has decided to boot on my N800. the device has been turned off since yesterday, but I did plug the charger in for a while, so it was possibly a battery charge issue causing the boot to fail.

Getting Google App force close messages fairly constantly though, as well as the android setup wizard.

Just watched the new 1.6 video, and it looks very promising. Can't wait to try a build of that

yeah the gapps are expected lol. not 100% why yet though

WE HAVE LIFE got wifi running too, posting this message from my n800 directly still a bit slow but i suspect thats due to the init.rc needing some edits to memory management

EDIT: uploading rootfs and kernel now, could really do with having other testthis for me,

ok links

kernel: http://www.loadsofspace.net/nitdroid/zImage
Rootfs: http://www.loadsofspace.net/nitdroid...-0.5.0.tar.bz2

excuse the ts calibrate app that loads its not really needed i just havent removed the lines out of one of the init files yet.

please test and advise folks, instructions on install are few pages back

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-04-11 at 23:35.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Damn... I can't wait until you get your N900!!

hehehe.. we're all waiting for you dj_steve...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
DJ_Steve I wouldn't mind if you linked to another thread and started new. There has been so much progress and change to the project that a second thread with updates you can post on the first post to be ever helpful to everyone. That way when something major happens or there is a change to the flashing process it it on the first post, no searching.

Fantastic progress you have made. The sound quality appears to be much better than that of the current implementation on maemo. The actual response time does not appear to be too bad once the OS is loaded. I am a little busy in school the next few days but will be testing this soon. For anyone who does test it, if you have any tricks or shortcuts to flashing feel free to share

DJ can you give us a road map as to what you still see you need to overcome on the 810 port?

Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
DJ_Steve I wouldn't mind if you linked to another thread and started new. There has been so much progress and change to the project that a second thread with updates you can post on the first post to be ever helpful to everyone. That way when something major happens or there is a change to the flashing process it it on the first post, no searching.

Fantastic progress you have made. The sound quality appears to be much better than that of the current implementation on maemo. The actual response time does not appear to be too bad once the OS is loaded. I am a little busy in school the next few days but will be testing this soon. For anyone who does test it, if you have any tricks or shortcuts to flashing feel free to share

DJ can you give us a road map as to what you still see you need to overcome on the 810 port?
well firstly i need to sort out a rather annoying issue with clock (like it only gets updated on boot then starts losing time ALOT (my n800 been running all night with screen off and it thinks its 1217am :S)) then we need sound sorting out but i need to have someone with a n810 willing to test to do that as obviously i cant on n800 (may have to make do with just a2dp on the 800 unless i can master this alsa plugin crap

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Damn... I can't wait until you get your N900!!

hehehe.. we're all waiting for you dj_steve...
Sorry dj steve but I hope that it will take a few month till you get your N900. That would mean more progress for my N810. Oh yeah

Thanks a lot for your affort.

ares

Closed Thread