Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Can I install/use Whatsapp on cyanogenmod or will that cause problems
for my whatsup account on sailfish? I would like to use whatsapp when using CM but don't want to mess up my perfectly working whatsup, has anyone tried or know if there's any problems?

Originally Posted by weqaz View Post
Can I install/use Whatsapp on cyanogenmod or will that cause problems
for my whatsup account on sailfish? I would like to use whatsapp when using CM but don't want to mess up my perfectly working whatsup, has anyone tried or know if there's any problems?
By WhatsApp on CM I'm assuming you mean a different ROM and not from within Sailfish since that's not stable yet. You can switch between them but you would have to re-verify yourself every time you switch between CM and Sailfish and since you're not using the official WhatsApp app on Sailfish you won't be able to move your conversation back up over, as far as I know.

Last edited by nh1402; 2016-01-15 at 20:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
I've used the psutils trick for a while but don't see much difference in battery life.
I've noticed that disabling dynamic portret or landscape mode gains 2 % cpu ( from ± 5,5 to 3,5% for sensors.qcom and sensorsfw)
I'l try what dissabling other sensors gives

(about sensors bug)

The Following User Says Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by romu View Post
First, you must enable low power mode
I use this everyday.
Just enabled this, pretty cool. How does it work exactly? Do the sensors detect the phone being flipped upside-down and turn the screen on in low power mode?

How much effect do you think this has on battery life?

wifi tethering doesnt work but cable does, currently doing it now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Thank you a lot m4r0v3r! I sometimes need to work from a laptop going through a mobile, if I can cable that is fine, I did it on the N900. I am about at the point of getting a Nexus 5 and running Sailfish on it.

yeah just go to usb and hit internet sharing and your golden.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
I have a few more questions, sorry for asking so many and thank you for your helpful answers so far!

1) is 4g working for anyone? I'm not sure I've seen the phone using 4g once since I got it.

2) is there a way to make settings like BT on/off persistent across reboots? I noticed that even if it's on normally, I have to manually re-enable it after rebooting (annoying if you have a watch or something you want to pair with). This doesn't happen on the jolla.

3) is it possible to use the mer-tools repo? I tried to enable it like this:

Code:
devel-su
ssu ar mer-tools
pkcon refresh
but I get this message

Fatal error: Authentication failed (is SSU set up correctly?)
Are there extra steps for N5?

4g works fine for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Just enabled this, pretty cool. How does it work exactly? Do the sensors detect the phone being flipped upside-down and turn the screen on in low power mode?

How much effect do you think this has on battery life?
AFAIK, it works only with the proximity sensor. Personaly, I don't worry with battery like, having LPM is much more important to me. Currently, my N5 battery lasts for about 36 hours, but I don't have any data contract, which helps a bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post: