Active Topics

I think I'm going to back to 2007 when I get home tonight. Microb is in a shockingly bad state at the moment. Everything else looks really impressive though.

*Edit* Crashes to desktop every single time I try to access http://downloads.maemo.org

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
I think I'm going to back to 2007 when I get home tonight. Microb is in a shockingly bad state at the moment. Everything else looks really impressive though.
I found it to be quite good. And it is definitely worth the upgrade.

What did you guys expect? Fully finished product? Ofcourse there will be bugs and such and firmware updates will come definately. Mine didn't crash

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Actually, Jupex, it IS a finished product. Even if it leaked out, it is the final version that will appear on the N810.

Anyway everytime I go to http://downloads.maemo.org, mine does not crash at all.

Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
Has anyone of you used the "shared folders" feature from the file manager? It won't work for me. My WindowsXP computer is recognized and listed but when I cklick on it, on the right side it says "no files/folders" . Shares are set on my XP machine, also one guest account and even my n800 user account ist added to the guest group.
People reported that it works, so I am a little bit confused
I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. The shared folder isn't actually a Samba shared folder (windows file sharing), but instead uPnP media sharing.

I seem to have solved my own problem I guess restoring my backup file from OS2007 was a pretty silly thing to do

Yes. It does seem worth the upgrade.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
I didn't know nokia had reserved so many addresses.. I was trying with a n800 modified MAC..

So, from what I read in this thread it is not possible to flash it from wintendo. Is it a date lock, _this version of Upload tool_ limitation or because this image is detected as not appropriate for something else than the 810.

In other words: Will there be a new official image for the n800 in December? And then reflashing again?
Anyway, I don't think I will resist for long

Thanks for some who gave some nice informations

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Actually, Jupex, it IS a finished product. Even if it leaked out, it is the final version that will appear on the N810.

Anyway everytime I go to http://downloads.maemo.org, mine does not crash at all.
Reflashing without restoring the backups fixed that but I've just had another microb crash. This time downloading a 3k file.

If this is the release version god help us.

There will be the official OS2008 for N800 in December, yes.
And probably it will be a newer version.

Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
Reflashing without restoring the backups fixed that but I've just had another microb crash. This time downloading a 3k file.

If this is the release version god help us.
That's so weird. I've been using it since yesterday without any problem so far (only one small issue with gmail.com).