Active Topics

Let's me just start off by saying you are doing a wonderful job! Thanks a million! Having been an faithful user of the N900, Sailfish on the Nexus 5 has been a revelation.

I originally followed RealJohnGalt's instructions to install 2.0.1.11 on a clean CM 12.1, however, without sfdroid and gapps. Everything was working perfectly.

Then I upgraded to version 2.0.5.6 following minimec's howto in #366. The result is great with one smallish problem. The sensors stop working after a while (no values being displayed at all in AIDA64). A simple reboot does NOT seem (!) to fix this. However, reflashing sensorsfix3.zip mostly helps, though not always.

Do you have any suggestions as how to remedy this situation?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Guys, I would like to install a custom android rom to use some features i miss on sailfish (Here maps for example).
I'm using multirom, how I can install the new rom and delete the original one?
What's a light rom without google apps you suggest me?

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
About the sensors failing in 2.0.5.6:

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
The sensors stop working after a while (no values being displayed at all in AIDA64). A simple reboot does NOT seem (!) to fix this. However, reflashing sensorsfix3.zip mostly helps, though not always.
As far as I could determine, it's not the reflashing of sensorsfix3.zip that does the trick. That may just have been coinicidental.

BTW, the files from sensorsfix3.zip are all on the device located under the /system directory as you would expect (owner root.root, 644). I looked at this while the sensors were inoperable. Filedate is set to Aug 1 2008, which does not correspond to the date set within the zip archive. So, presumably that was the system time during the installation process.

What brought the sensors back this morning was a push-off-button-for-10s reboot.

Am I actually the only one experiencing this weird problem?

Let's just say, once one has recorded a Christmassy video sideways, one is reminded of the validity of working sensors.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Nope, the sensors service sometimes crashes or does not start on boot, just restart it with
Code:
devel-su systemctl restart sensorsfw
and everything should be fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
guys i've done a mess!
I installed an android rom and now sailfish doesn't start anymore!
Here is the black screen

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
i would like to recover my data at least, how i can export the partition in recovery mode? someone can help me?

edit: i found the nemo folder after hours, enabled MTP in Recovery and now i'm copying all my files..

Last edited by claustn; 2016-12-27 at 19:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Is SFOS your primary rom?

If not you could flash one of my or minimecs kernels and see if it boots again.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
it's not. I tried with the flash of the kernel but nothing changed.
I have my personal data, now i will do a complete format and a clean install

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
i would like to recover my data at least, how i can export the partition in recovery mode? someone can help me?

edit: i found the nemo folder after hours, enabled MTP in Recovery and now i'm copying all my files..
You might want to share where you found the Sailfish folder. I don't remember exactly where it is and I just flashed CM13 back on the phone just to see how the battery behaves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
it was in multirom/sailfish/ and then a hidden folder beginning with a dot. Now i wiped all the data and i can't give you the full path.

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid