Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by bumblebeetuna View Post
How long did nokia care have your phone before they said they could'nt fix it?
They told me to take it to their nearest repair centre (I had a choice of two closest ones so I took it to Doncaster) who wanted it for 24 hours, that's all. I had to leave it for 3 days because of work/distance etc.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK - London
Does anyone know a way to contact MPD by phone other than the number on the contact us page?

The store number can't help as its n on-line order and I can't get through on the main number?

Ive had my phone for 2 weeks. Im porting my number from '3' to Voda and either Voda or MPD have messed up. On Monday my port seemed to happen. I got disconnected from 3. But it didn't complete. My number is now not connected to 3 or Voda. Its ported away from 3 and not connected to Voda. Voda won't talk to me and say they haven't received the PAC code. How did my number get disconnected from 3 if this was the case? They say to phone MPD. MPD don't answer their phones though. On the one occasion I did get through to MPD they simply told me to wait as Voda are running behind and didn't want to look into it. I'm a bit lost what to do.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by bluewizard View Post
Does anyone know a way to contact MPD by phone other than the number on the contact us page?

The store number can't help as its n on-line order and I can't get through on the main number?

Ive had my phone for 2 weeks. Im porting my number from '3' to Voda and either Voda or MPD have messed up. On Monday my port seemed to happen. I got disconnected from 3. But it didn't complete. My number is now not connected to 3 or Voda. Its ported away from 3 and not connected to Voda. Voda won't talk to me and say they haven't received the PAC code. How did my number get disconnected from 3 if this was the case? They say to phone MPD. MPD don't answer their phones though. On the one occasion I did get through to MPD they simply told me to wait as Voda are running behind and didn't want to look into it. I'm a bit lost what to do.

Any ideas?
Thanks
I'd email Karl - that seems to work for everyone here so far
(Just search this thread for Karl Borges - i think that was his name - good luck! - or possibly call Vodafone, they have also been very helpful in the past to people

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
(Just search this thread for Karl Borges - i think that was his name - good luck! - or possibly call Vodafone, they have also been very helpful in the past to people
Thanks, I'll try Karl

I've phoned Voda now 5 times over the last week and each time got sent back to MPD with the same story that they don't have the PAC (I abbreviated that in my in initial post). Just don't understand how my number is now not connected to my old provider if that is the case.

Thanks, I'll try Karl

I've phoned Voda now 5 times over the last week and each time got sent back to MPD with the same story that they don't have the PAC (I abbreviated that in my in initial post). Just don't understand how my number is now not connected to my old provider if that is the case.
Are you able to skip MPD now and just get the pac yourself and send it on? - don't know if it's possible?

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Are you able to skip MPD now and just get the pac yourself and send it on? - don't know if it's possible?
I asked Voda this and they said no, I have to phone MPD.

Thanks, I'll try Karl

(Just search this thread for Karl Borges - i think that was his name - good luck! - or possibly call Vodafone, they have also been very helpful in the past to people .
Found Karl's email and have emailed him exactly what happened including dates, order details etc... Hopefully.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluewizard For This Useful Post:
I bought a N900 last week. Don't like it. Am selliing it. So PM me with a decent offer, and I'll have it shipped to you quicker than MPD.

Originally Posted by callerid View Post
I bought a N900 last week. Don't like it. Am selliing it. So PM me with a decent offer, and I'll have it shipped to you quicker than MPD.
lol - your in the wrong place - post in the buyers/sellers area
You may get flamed by a few die-hards though - would be interested to why you don't like it! - sure you havn't got a dudd device? :|

Found Karl's email and have emailed him exactly what happened including dates, order details etc... Hopefully.
Wish I had asked this question last week. I emailed Karl who within the hour sorted it out. I am now connected I even got a call from David Urch to apologise and make sure I got connected.