Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
My biggest concern is that this story will never end...
Allowing it to end would be tantamount to letting Jolla get away with it. That is what they hope/rely on.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Question is: what should they tell, if there is nothing to tell ATM?
They could tell if they hate dark **** winter as much as I do...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Love Darth winter...

So how many jolla Are we dealing with? Jolla SW and the new Jolla HW...what happend with the split? Cancelled?

So jolla sw takes the money, move tablet reposibility to Jolla hw, then declare it bankruptcy and Jolla sw blaming Jolla hw for the fail and then continue as nothing happend.

The would make the scam complete.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-27 at 20:28.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
The only difference is that going to moon first time was first time.
Creating own company, phone, Os and delivering it was done by others, even by same people in previous company (Nokia).
And a lot of experience is available from those examples. They even made the marketing site to advise other companies how to do it(jolla adventure or how is it called?) - which is the most ironic thing
We all stand on the shoulders of giants, even the people going to the moon on the first time

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Allowing it to end would be tantamount to letting Jolla get away with it. That is what they hope/rely on.
There are 4 acceptable endings to me:

1. deliver the tablets
2. deliver refunds (maybe minus the fee taken by IGG)
3. deliver a choice of tablet or refund
4. bankruptcy

Does anyone know who has been giving them the funding? Series B was 12.4M and that lasted them about a year. Series C is unknown but is likely the last chance they will have.

All I found on who had been investing was a 6.25 percent stake owned by China Fortune as part of the 2013 financing. That and statements the financing was a mixture of EU and China based organizations

Originally Posted by Obsatcle-Man View Post
There are 4 acceptable endings to me:

1. deliver the tablets
2. deliver refunds (maybe minus the fee taken by IGG)
3. deliver a choice of tablet or refund
4. bankruptcy

Does anyone know who has been giving them the funding? Series B was 12.4M and that lasted them about a year. Series C is unknown but is likely the last chance they will have.

All I found on who had been investing was a 6.25 percent stake owned by China Fortune as part of the 2013 financing. That and statements the financing was a mixture of EU and China based organizations
For me, there is a fifth Option (I know that most won't like it):

5. no refund, no tablet, but Jolla survives as a software company finding a parner that produces high qality phones (with keyboard?)

Why I prefer this over the second and the fourh option above: if Jolla somehow manages to deliver tablets and as a consequence further has to reduce resources for software development, a tablet (and even the existing phone) will not be of much use anymore.

As it turned out, the tablet project was not fortunate and already has taken too much of a toll from Jolla (see the brain drain).

Off course the best thing would be a happy end scenario like in the first option: tablets are delivered + they are realy good. To achieve the latter, still further software development only for the tablet is needed, I suppose, in order to achieve the same level as already achieved with the phone (maybe because of the ... Intel chipset, I don't know)

So Jolla's enthusiasm turned out to be too big of a challenge.

On the other hand, for me Sailfish OS is already so good that do not want Jolla to go down the drain because they were overly brave. I'd rather sacrifice (donate) my IGG contribution.

Last edited by JoOppen; 2016-01-28 at 09:23.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
For me, there is a fifth Option (I know that most won't like it):

5. no refund, no tablet, but Jolla survives as a software company finding a parner that produces high qality phones (with keyboard?)
There's another option.

6. Microsoft to throw the towel in on Windows and to place an all-in bet on Sailfish, using it for PC, tablet and phone.

My option is more likely than yours.

Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post

My option is more likely than yours.

Actually I think option 5: is what is happening now! - minius the High spec - Keyboard option though

Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
Actually I think option 5: is what is happening now! - minius the High spec - Keyboard option though
That is what I meant. A high spec device with a physical keyboard will never happen.

Originally Posted by Obsatcle-Man View Post
Well it's not the Chinese group - they are a publicly listed Hong Kong company and would have been obliged to announce any deal.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund