Notices

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
Perfect! Time to start testing those games with RubyBox and the latest DOSBox!
So am I to understand from the last guy's post that the new mapper.txt file javispedro made doesn't work with rubybox?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So, anyone want to try Windows 3.11 or Win 95 with the new DosBox?

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
you know, I installed both of those on a VM not too long ago.

I'd rather not have them on my NIT even if I could. Maemo is waaay nicer, and it's not like any modern prog could run on them any way.

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
So am I to understand from the last guy's post that the new mapper.txt file javispedro made doesn't work with rubybox?
My custom mapper.txt file doesn't work with RubyBox (mappercsa.txt). I'm trying to figure out if I need to redo it or if something else is causing problems.

Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
My custom mapper.txt file doesn't work with RubyBox (mappercsa.txt). I'm trying to figure out if I need to redo it or if something else is causing problems.
I really like being able to hit numbers... then again, i suppose getting the games playable might be better, if i had to choose...

Not me!

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Ah, forgot to document that the mapper.txt file is no longer needed ... FN keys "should" work without it. At least, they work with the default mapper.txt on 0.73-3 (keyb & nokia.sys still required).

If it does not work (e.g. you've made a custom mapper.txt file) just make sure FN key is mapped to "Right Alt" (key_ralt) and Chr key is mapped to "<" (key_lessthan).

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
I'm looking forward to trying, but it will be a couple of weeks before I can pull out my old disks and find the time.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
A few days ago I downloaded 8gb of full DOS games. Almost 3000 games... I'm sure at least 1000 are crap
There's a torrent floating around out there that has 3.11 and dos 6.22. search windows 3 11 dos on torrentz dot com.
Dude...

Anyway, I think there's a few things left to be tweaked with this latest build.

I've got two versions of Dosbox in my application window thing, so the latest one doesn't overwrite the previous version.

Hey Pushwall, you might want to look at the new default settings in the dosbox.conf file.

It's originally set at either max or auto I believe. Either one of these settings is going to cause your tablet to become a tad bit dyspeptic. It's best to just give it a specific cycle speed instead.

Also, I wanted to report that I can run Angband if I'm using Dosbox .73 straight up, but when going through Rubybox, I'm getting a segmentation fault as before.

I'm not seeing why Rubybox would cause such a thing though.

Anyway, it's a great release!

A good pick up on speed of about 15 - 20% overall and all of the extra features is huge!

I might even attempt to run Shanara again to see if I can't get both voice and sound to work together.

The best I could get on the previous release of Dosbox was just the voices from the CD and not the sound effects.

Thanks again to everyone who put time in this.!

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Also, I wanted to report that I can run Angband if I'm using Dosbox .73 straight up, but when going through Rubybox, I'm getting a segmentation fault as before.

I'm not seeing why Rubybox would cause such a thing though.
I'm not either. Is it Dosbox crashing or RubyBox? Can you start RubyBox from terminal with 'rbox' and paste the error? I've seen one Ruby crash error with the new packages. Ruby code shouldn't crash the interpreter, but I bet I can avoid triggering that bug. But this seems unrelated to that.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post: