Posts: 50 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2010 @ United Kingdom
My semi is now a full blown boner. Thank you Nokia, you never fail to amuse me. I think the metaphor would be a little more apt if the setting is a dry Australian bush, and Nokia is a fish flopping about on the dirt in its death throes while it is besieged by hungry jackals, crocodiles, bird-eating tarantulas and boomslangs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bourdain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I assume you can confirm if the memo is a fake or not
I'm not a Nokia employee - I work from my sofa and do cool MeeGo.com work.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
blablabla Dualcore XXX/YYY HW cmon! The N8 has ONLY 680Mhz But I am sure it sometimes is better than Android phones that has faster CPU.
N8 will never run video Skype.
It will never have full Flash 10.
It will never show correctly webpages designed for higher resolution.
And it is more expensive than more capable Android phones.

Same thing applies to the E7. Fantastic piece of technology otherwise:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...nd_persona.php

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Bourdain View Post
and Nokia is a fish flopping about on the dirt in its death throes while it is besieged by hungry jackals, crocodiles, bird-eating tarantulas and boomslangs.
If there's boomslangs there are trees (and thus water) and if there's crocodiles, there is surface water no?

Seeming amusingly offtopic, but MeeGo has potential to become a mainstream OS, of course time will tell. The keynotes will become clear within 48 hours, and MWC next week.

And the first MeeGo handsets will cause a stir, just look at how anticipated it already is. That's attention and publicity right there, also a viable ingrediant for a good start

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
It always surpises me when people in this forum try to take the "what's best for nokia" point of view... suggesting they should turn to android or whatever OS for business reasons.
I don't care what happens to Nokia - except as to how it affects MeeGo (and unfortunate Nokia employees). When I choose my next phone I won't care who makes the hardware. To me it's all about the OS. I didn't buy a N900 because it's a Nokia, that had zero to do with it. I bought it because Maemo was the best and most open OS available on suitable hardware. And if Nokia goes WP7 it will be my last Nokia.

why don't you ask what's best for you as a consumer? yet another android phone or a variety of systems you can choose from, each with strengths and weaknesses?
Ask what's best for the consumer...choose...variety of systems...M$ and Apple hates that kinda talk. And if Nokia does go WP7 they're taking the same road.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2011-02-09 at 21:42.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
He's suggesting it's wiser to try something bold then to do nothing.
So what is this bold thing he is suggesting (or you are suggesting)? Cosy up to Android/WP7? Is that what he/you mean by being "bold"?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Should I just start crying?!?!? I am soo confused...

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Should I just start crying?!?!? I am soo confused...
Hello Mr. Elop, nice of you to join us!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Didn't read whole thread, but I certainly hope this man is right:
http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...o-my-ears.html

... despite all claims that memo is true.

Or else? I'll put my N900 into sealed bag to preserve it while it's still in perfect condition. It will join NeXT station :P

Next phone? N9 or whatever will be, if that fails E72 or N7-00 ... Nokia still have some place in my heart

The Following User Says Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
get your money ready for the new range W7-0X lol
seriously I think something big will be announced on Friday but I don't think its going to be what all sites are reporting.
All these speeches and memo leaks have all been worded in a way to create the kind of hype we are seeing and it is all to create confidence in Elop and more importantly the Future Strategy.
Elop is only person coming out well in these leaks and speeches even though he says lot of bs things in the memo

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org