Active Topics

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
If the wifi was on, you could try to connect to it via wifi when you get stuck at boot.

If this does not work, connect it via USB and you should connect to 192.168.2.15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
So, i kind of got cm13 working on our Nexus5...

First i wanna thank all the people of #sailfish-porters who helped me..thank you guys!

Today i installed my first compiled version and it booted

But that is so far the only thing its doing

WIFI doesn't work...
Cellular doesn' work...
Bluetooth doesn't work...
Camera doesn't work...

The gui doesn't start, because of oom_adjust errors(got thi solved by editing many systemd services, then the gui comes up, but this was only to see if the gui is working.)

Sound works.
Vibration works.
Touch works.
Buttons work.
Telnet and SSH (both using USB) work.
Charging works.
Led works.

So, many things to figure out, but it looks promising :-)

I'll keep you updated.
A minor update, fixed thee OOM errors on startup, so gui starts normaly now. Wifi also now works. Next step is to get cellular working...i'll keep you updated.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
I would then try to enable the 'adaptation0' repository again and refresh the database.
Maybe i found the problem, the command can't enable "adaptation0",
tried as user and as root with same result.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Which command did you use?

Code:
ssu er adaptation0
?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
Code:
devel-su sed -i -e 's#^adaptation=.*$#adaptation=http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/RealJohnGalt:/testing:/hammerhead/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/#' \/usr/share/ssu/repos.ini

devel-su zypper ref
I used that code from minimec, i will try with this one, thank you!

edit: works!

Last edited by claustn; 2016-12-29 at 16:11.

a question about sfdroid: how actually i close it? i noticed only now, that even if I close it as a normal app (swype down) i receive vibration notification (new messages) from whatsapp inside Sailfish

Before closing sfdroid you could use a app like Greenify to put the apps into sleep mode. I think you could kill sfdroid by killing the surfaceflinger process, but then you'll have the long start time when you open sfdroid again.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Meanwhile, I made a fix to my intermittent call issues with the microphone on my Nexus 5. Not sure if it was due to a bug or a hardware fault, but every person I called reported a bad echo from my end. Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but my fix is as follows:

remount /system rw with: devel-su mount -o rw,remount,relatime,data=ordered /system

edit /system/build.prop (I used nano). Find the following strings and replace as indicated:

persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital (replace digital with analog)
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire (replace endfire with false)

Save the file and reboot your device. Echo gone, call quality improved dramatically. Enjoy!
I am facing the very same problem, albeit using SFOS 2.0.5.6/CM 12.1 on the Nexus 5.

I changed the settings persist.audio.handset.mic.type to analog and also persist.audio.dualmic.config to false (and rebooted the phone), which did not make a difference (at least to people on the other end of the phone call). Elsewhere it was suggested to switch persist.audio.dualmic.config back to endfire, still no difference.

However, there is a problem I find a lot more grave. When I connect the Nexus 5/SFOS to a bluetooth handfree device, I am unable to understand the other person since the audio I get is completely distorted (sounds like lots of static). On the plus side, the person on the other end can hear me perfectly (which unfortunately does not help much). I came across Android sources on the web pointing to the persist.audio.fluence.* settings in the /system/build.prop. Yet, those pieces of advice were confusing and contradictory. Thus, I'd love to find out how you handle those phone audio issues on your Nexus 5 phones?

Does anyone get clear audio both ways, preferably also with handsfree devices?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Does anyone get clear audio both ways, preferably also with handsfree devices?
Nope I got the exact same problem and thought the phone might have a problem so I flashed CM13 on it and used it for a few days and the bluetooth works perfectly. I will flash sailfish back on it later at some point.
Also wanted to say I bought a new LG battery produced in 2016.6 and that makes a huge difference in uptime, using Android of course, don't know yet about sailfish...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
...I flashed CM13 on it and used it for a few days and the bluetooth works perfectly...
Could you give us your current persist.audio.fluence.* settings in the /system/build.prop file? I'd like to compare them.

BTW, when you say Bluetooth, you're speaking of the hands-free protocol used during phone calls, aren't you? Sorry, just want to be sure.

As for the battery, that's a thought I've been contemplating as well. How much of a struggle was it to get the old battery removed?

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid