Notices

Even if this does go to testing, aren't a lot of the dependencies in devel?

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Interesting, I think I figured out a new way to rotate an image. It works best if you have the Q key acting as the space bar (move key, if that makes sense).

So if you tap once for your starting point (center of image), then hold down the space bar (q key for me) and the ctrl key @ the same time, now move your pen around the screen you should start seeing it moves around the axis point (where you first tapped).

Not sure how useful it is right not, but could be cool for doing random background from different angles or rotating at interval other than 22.5.

Does this work for anyone?

x

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 4,475 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Hi, xman!

Yes I figured it out... same as I noticed that I can rotate canvas with
key comb <ctrl>+<arrow left/right> and that <ctrl> acts as a color picker

I am not used this a lot because to me it too slow process to rotate canvas.. I prefer strict 22.5 degrees angle, way faster for me.

There is also mentioned "rotozooming" in MyPaint python code?
But I think it is not usable.. (too slow).

I am interested to find out how to remove "Volume notification" because it is so handy to customise those 2 (F7 & F8) keys to shortcuts.. especially when I working Portrait mode. But I do not like this "yellow bar notification". Does anybody know how to disable it... when I am using MyPaint.

Yes, back to work.. now.

Yeah I prefer your way as well, and this new way is slower (too slow pass 1 or 2 zoom outs and or with more than a few layers), I just didn't remember seeing it posted anywhere.

Having the volume rocker configurable would be great, but what would you make it...hmm in/out zoom, fav 2 brushes, eraser... so many possibilities.

almost ready to post another drawing soon ...

x

rotozooming

Originally Posted by Creativetone View Post
Hi, xman!

Yes I figured it out... same as I noticed that I can rotate canvas with
key comb <ctrl>+<arrow left/right> and that <ctrl> acts as a color picker

I am not used this a lot because to me it too slow process to rotate canvas.. I prefer strict 22.5 degrees angle, way faster for me.

There is also mentioned "rotozooming" in MyPaint python code?
But I think it is not usable.. (too slow).

I am interested to find out how to remove "Volume notification" because it is so handy to customise those 2 (F7 & F8) keys to shortcuts.. especially when I working Portrait mode. But I do not like this "yellow bar notification". Does anybody know how to disable it... when I am using MyPaint.

Yes, back to work.. now.

Just incase anyone was wondering, no problems so far with mypaint 0.8.2-1maemo16
and pr 1.2. Also we get better screen calibration with the upgrade too too! Just remember to back up all of your custom setting if you have any.

x

Last edited by xman; 2010-05-28 at 17:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I will post a 'doodle' here cause i can't attach files in the 'look what i drew on my phone' thread

So i finally got time to finish this drwaing yesterday. It started out in mypaint 0.7.1 and i finished it in 0.8.2. I had no clue on how to do layers and control them at that time, so the drawing i basicly done like i would on paper (one layer). I've now in mypaint 0.8.2 found out how to use it and it's so easy. Most of the drawing is done with ink and smudge tools.

Name:  Hiphop.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  42.9 KB

One thing though, the last save to scrap took about 18 min. yesterday even though i'm oc'ed on 1 GHz I need a cooler vent for my phone, well the size is 3000x3000 lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Super cool man! I don't mind the the post here, just want the other thread to stay alive too. I almost see this thread as post your best now and then, and the other as post your daily drawing or your test images etc.

Sadly now you'll set our expectation high for you...no pressure LOL, look forward to seeing yourm next one.

x

Trying to update MyPaint to the latest version at the moment, but after the 6Mb download I'm told "Unable to update MyPaint"

I'm on PR1.2.

Any reasons?

as root in the terminal:

apt-get remove mypaint mypaint-data
apt-get install mypaint

apparently the latest mypaint includes mypaint-data, so it's only one package, and that generates conflicts with the previous packages.

The Following User Says Thank You to adancau For This Useful Post:
Thanks. Will give that go later, when I've recharged my battery and patience levels.

Tags
mypaint, sketching