Active Topics

Notices

I just installed OS2007, maemo mapper keep crashing randomly for every operation. and for sure it crashes when i try to search bluetooth gps (working fine with OS2006),

I installed with the links in the first post of first page, am I doing wrong with installation, i mean did I installed wrong version?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Green_Star View Post
I just installed OS2007, maemo mapper keep crashing randomly for every operation. and for sure it crashes when i try to search bluetooth gps (working fine with OS2006),

I installed with the links in the first post of first page, am I doing wrong with installation, i mean did I installed wrong version?
If you're using the Nokia 770 (as opposed to the N800), then please install the gregale version of Maemo Mapper. Maemo Mapper is built for each target platform (770 vs. N800) with cpu-specific op-codes, and the CPUs in the 770 and N800 are different.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Steamy Hilo, HI
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
There have been reports of the satellite repositories being a little finicky, sometime blocking requests for some time or returning error pages. I don't think it's ever been permanent, though. Does maps.google.com work?
Google Maps always stops serving me maps after I download by panning around for about 10-15 minutes. (never happens on the desktop computer, of course.) When I go home I can download more maps for another 10-15 minutes before it stops sending them. When I go back to work another 10-15 minutes....etc. Grrrr! Virtual Earth has no such restriction - too bad the images aren't as good.

If you're using the Nokia 770 (as opposed to the N800), then please install the gregale version of Maemo Mapper. Maemo Mapper is built for each target platform (770 vs. N800) with cpu-specific op-codes, and the CPUs in the 770 and N800 are different.
Thanks gnuite. And sorry for not mentioning my device, it is 770.

I am little confused finding gregale version, what I found is ... first I went to following page
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemo-mapper

and clicked 'download' button for "maemo-mapper-IT2007" that link goes to another download page
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...release_id=711

even that page title shows as "maemo-mapper-IT2006", I guess it is belongs to IT2007. from that page I have to install 1.4.7-2

Am I correct?

If I am wrong please give me a link from where I can install Maemo Mapper for my 770 installed with OS2007.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
gnuit, do you mean this? (#25 post in below link)
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...?t=4852&page=3

Last edited by Green_Star; 2007-09-19 at 16:40.

The "-2" version is the 770 build, and the "-3" version is the N800 build ("-2" and "-3" are otherwise identical), so yes, install 1.4.7-2.

The "-2" version is the 770 build, and the "-3" version is the N800 build ("-2" and "-3" are otherwise identical), so yes, install 1.4.7-2.
Thanks gnuite.

So what will be installed if I click the 'maemo-mapper' link in the first post of this thread? (I installed mapper software by clicking that link ...!)

Originally Posted by Green_Star View Post
Thanks gnuite.

So what will be installed if I click the 'maemo-mapper' link in the first post of this thread? (I installed mapper software by clicking that link ...!)
It should install whatever is appropriate for your platform, although I'm not sure what happens if you are running OS2007 (hacker edition) on a 770.

Thanks gnuit,

Looks like it is working fine after followed your instructions. I haven't tested much, but so far looking good (it was horrible before).

I guess, when I clicked link in the first post, it was installed with N800 version ! Many other softwares confuse like this and thinks this device is N800 where N770 is installed with OS2007.

I know it will be ready when it has to , but is there any estimated week/month when the new version of mapper will be released with DB support? Right now my 2GB card is full of maps(around a GB, the actual size is around 400MB or less) and OS2007(0.5GB). I can not accommodate any space for my music etc.

Last edited by Green_Star; 2007-09-21 at 16:58.

I have tried and it is really a great software!

But the google maps obtained for China is too rough - I can only see the name of the cities but nothing else... There IS China maps with detail streets from google China (http://ditu.google.cn), but I don't know how to obtain the correct URL name for the goole map which can give 256x256 gif format of maps that Mamo Mapper requires.

So one thing I can think about is to convert the existing map files of other formats (such as Pathaway, Ozi, etc.) to Mamo Mapper like.

Any detail tips about how to make it? I would like to try manual first and if appicable I am thinkg about some tools for automatic.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
There IS China maps with detail streets from google China (http://ditu.google.cn), but I don't know how to obtain the correct URL name for the goole map which can give 256x256 gif format of maps that Mamo Mapper requires.
Use this URL Format:

http://mapgoogle.mapabc.com/googlech...d&y=%d&zoom=%d

(With your Nokia device, tap-and-hold on the above link and select "Copy Address", then paste it into Maemo Mapper as the "URL Format".)